Author Topic: My Journey To being Gyno Free, Dr Fielding  (Read 6554 times)

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
Hey whats up peeps, i also have been suffering from Gyno at the age of 14 and i finally had enough with it. So I set an appointment and had a consultation with Dr.fielding yesterday.

I've read on other posts that some found Leslie to be cold or whatever but from my own experience from talking to her, she seemed really nice and friendly.

So in the consultation he asked questions about what i do how old how tall, what my weight was, Do i exercise how many times a week, any medications or allergies, steroid use, when i first noticed the gyno(13-14yrs old)etc...

So he asked me to remove my shirt, and i did he mesured the size of breasts left and right nipple size etc. He stated that he found that my left side was actually bigger then the right and the nipple was slightly larger then the other.

So he started off by asking what results i was expecting and if i was very conscious about my physical image. I told him no I just wanted the gyno gone. He also pointed out that the issue would be with the skin thats stretched as i have alot of fat built up inside and he will probably get two cups of fat off each breast. He recommended that I wear the compression vest for 6 weeks to have the best results.

Now i do work out 4x a week im 27yrs and have a bf of 14% im 5'11 200lbs. So after asking a ton of questions and being able to answer my questions and explain the whole procedure, what results are expected etc. Now he did mention i wont have like a superman chest but the full results do take time and it will take about a year to see the completed result but i should notice a difference obviously right away. there might be some desentization in the nipple to.

I did feel confident in his abilities and felt that i could trust him. After the 1 on 1 consultation. I went to see leslie to get a price. I was quoted 3200$ and asked to put 10% which was about 300$ down. I was shocked that it was only 3200$ because i have gone see Lista and he quoted me $5900.00. Now taking nothing away from him, i have a friend that did have surgery with him and he had great results, and i know he uses a private clinic which makes a huge difference in price.

So i decided to jump on board and booked my surgery date, but in the later year due to my busy schedule. So for those thinking about calling him, go for it, he seems legit cant wait to get it done and live gyno free.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member

Offline jack.breech

I would suggest you do a bit more reading about the differences between the surgical techniques for Dr. Fielding and Dr. Lista. The price difference for you is $2700 which is less than a month's salary for most. The effects of the surgery are permanent however, including the post-surgical scars, numbness and aesthetics.

As you probably already know, Dr. Lista's technique uses one surgical scar vs. two. There are no scars around your areola and the only scar would be at a remote place 5-10cm away from your nipples.

There are several downsides to Dr. Fielding's technique of an additional direct incision around your areola. Firstly, you will have the remnant of the scar as any surgical cut will result in one. Secondly, there's a non-negligble chance of a hypertrophic scar or a superficial infection secondary to any surgical cut, and that will lead to an unsightly mark around your nipples and a permanent reminder of your surgery. Finally, the risks of long-term or permanent numbness to your nipples are higher with Dr. Fielding's technique.

Overall, given the major impact gynecomatia has on your current daily life, and the significance of this surgery in your life, I think it will be worth the one time splurge to have it done with a better surgical technique.

Another way of looking at it is you are letting someone leave an unneeded permanent scar around your nipples in return for a month's salary.

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
I would suggest you do a bit more reading about the differences between the surgical techniques for Dr. Fielding and Dr. Lista. The price difference for you is $2700 which is less than a month's salary for most. The effects of the surgery are permanent however, including the post-surgical scars, numbness and aesthetics.

As you probably already know, Dr. Lista's technique uses one surgical scar vs. two. There are no scars around your areola and the only scar would be at a remote place 5-10cm away from your nipples.

There are several downsides to Dr. Fielding's technique of an additional direct incision around your areola. Firstly, you will have the remnant of the scar as any surgical cut will result in one. Secondly, there's a non-negligble chance of a hypertrophic scar or a superficial infection secondary to any surgical cut, and that will lead to an unsightly mark around your nipples and a permanent reminder of your surgery. Finally, the risks of long-term or permanent numbness to your nipples are higher with Dr. Fielding's technique.

Overall, given the major impact gynecomatia has on your current daily life, and the significance of this surgery in your life, I think it will be worth the one time splurge to have it done with a better surgical technique.

Another way of looking at it is you are letting someone leave an unneeded permanent scar around your nipples in return for a month's salary.

I think the bottom line is that for some people, the savings in cost with Fielding outweighs the benefits offered by Lista's method. I.e. they don't mind the extra incisions and possibly increased numbness and longer recovery if it means spending $3k less. To each their own.  I was able to spend the extra money and go with Lista and I'm glad I did, the results are excellent.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
hey whats up guys, i havent been on here for a while. I agree with you jack.breech about the second incision and the scaring but to me i felt very confident in trusting Dr. Feilding that is why i chose him over Lista.

Ive been really busy as i recently got married and all so i had to reschedule my surgery till January. Its not really about the money again, Like many we just want to get rid of it. Its a bummer that OHIP doesnt cover the whole thing.

The scarring can be an issue for most but im planning to be inked

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
had pre surgery prep, went well, Filled out a couple forms paid full balance.

Feilding was open for discussion in any questions i had, which i did ask.

I am excited to finally get the procedure done. Looking forward to 2014 January.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
Hey guys, so I had my surgery yesterday at St.joesphs yesterday. excuse my spelling or grammar im kinda messed up on the percocets.

So I arrived at 9 checked in on 2ndfloor surgical daycare. I was told to go into the the patient waiting area and told to dress into the double gown. (for those going for the first time, the instructions are posted on the wall). I was called in to take temperature blood pressure height and weight. then I sat from 9-12 and being a very impatient guy, luckily I brang my cousin with me who kept saying this is a new day for you (he's next to do the gyno), my labtop headphones and was wired to the internet streaming movies. Sitting there made me really nervous but having that moral support was great. I also met some new people as I've been told that I talk a lot lol

So around 12pm I was called upfront and asked more questions about health allergies drugs etc. I was told to wait and they'd bring me in to get started. I was then seated for another 15mins and then brought into this surgery room.

Now I've never had surgery and was wondering man what If those drugs they gave me wake me up halfway lol. So as I walked into this very noticeably bright room on the second floor, I was met by three nurses and Dr.Feilding who had the biggest smile on his face because he's always got a joke to tell me, its great it makes u relax and talking to Dr. Fielding this Dr. is funny. So he tells me a Joke while he's drawing a circle on each one of my manmoobs. I guess it kind of killed the awkwardness. Fielding asks if I have any questions or concerns etc...

So I lie down and place my feet in this weird thing and the Asthenologist or whatever he straps my arm and tells me to make a fist. I tell them all I feel like im being crucified the way the surgery table is designed (but that's for Feilding to move around for accessibility. So as im lying down I can hear music in the background, I believe it was some creed playing and I asked what if I wake up. and there like trust me this stuff is so strong its gonna knock you our. So he gives me the shot and he says your going to knock out in 10 seconds. I said Beam me up scotty and boom I was put to sleep.

I wake up in the recovery room disoriented and bandaged up. The nurse comes over and she's like wow your the first one up. I look around the room and saw some of those people I met in the waiting room still knocked out. I sit up and asked for all the drugs I could lolol. They gave me two shots or morphine and 2 Percocet's plus a prescription for percs and for upset stomach. I drink some water and apple juice and nurse checked me out and she said I was good to go. I got up onto the wheelchair and put on my stuff but then it hit me. I was sweating and feeling dizzy. (for those doing a tip, Relax that one hour, take your time). I was given some apt times and dates prescriptions and instructions. and I was on my way home. this morning as im writing this blog I noticed some blood on the towels I was told to place underneath but was told its normal. my left side is stinging more then the left. For those who said feels like a chest workout, I don't think so. I guess everyone's pain tolerance is different and im not a pussy either lolol.

I felt nauseacious the whole day coming home hardest part was not being bale to sleep on my side as I normally do so ill wake up by biting my tongue and then 2 mins later get dizzy and knock out. im on day 2 and will be updating since im just sitting on my ass, but glad I can share my experience so far and I have before pics and will take after pics to show the difference but I know my left side which was bigger then my right I can feel it throbbing swollen.

Sorry for the spelling and grammar is 7am and I just woke up.

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
Congratulations and welcome to "the other side". You've still got a while to go before you feel normal, trust me I'm 5 weeks post op today. One more week before I'm allowed to take off the compression vest. Keep us updated with your recovery.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
Thanks ms123, In the 5 weeks u spent for post op anything different or tips. How about when u started any scar creams or massaging special techniques. I also have tonwear the vest for 6 weeks and will be seeing fielding for the first time after surgery next week.

one tip: i keep a coat hanger for a back scratcher lolol . My chest is really sore bruised and swollen still. The only shity part is only being able to sleep on your back.but I know it'll all be worth it.

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
Different surgeons prescribe different treatment. For me I will have tape over the incisions for around 12 weeks and then I start using a scar cream. I've heard some doctors recommend massaging scar tissue but also that it can be harmful, and my doc didn't mention it so I haven't done it.

I was already a back sleeper so not much trouble there except I was recommended to sleep on a 45 degree angle for the first week to help with drainage and minimize swelling, that was a little awkward.

I don't really have any tips other than relax, listen to your body and be patient. I've only just started to feel comfortable jogging slowly but don't want to push it. Oh, and eating healthy and take vitamins should help with recovery.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
Thanks ms123, u are lucky since you do sleep on your back. Im on day 3 of post surgery. I feel better but still a bit pain. Arm flexibility has increased and it is getting better on sleep. The compression vest feels so tight and irritating at times but I know I cant take it off until Tuesday when I have my first visit after surgery. I did crack and ended up taking a sponge bath, being careful not to get the vest or bandages wet. I do feel bloated by being limited on the activities that I can do so im going to be re-adjusting my diet and food intake as I feel its to much.
Other then the annoying vest cant wait to start taking Epsom salt baths to help with any swelling/bruising (stuff works wonders for me using 1.5cups in full a bath, soaking for 45mins). Pain is tolerable its more like an annoyance pain

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
So Im on recovery mode and saw Dr.Fielding just yesterday. He removed the bandages and I was able to see my chest. It is very swollen and bruised. It is very numb and itchy and it hurts. I was told to keep the vest on for 4 more weeks.

Sleeping is still challenging. and the itching is driving me crazy. I cant wait to not have to wear this vest. I was debating whether I should just pick up an under armour compression shirt...

Offline ms123

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear about the itch, I didn't have any issues with that. Unfortunately under armour shirts are not as compressive as the vests so that might not be a good idea. I get to give up the vest tomorrow, woohoo!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024