Author Topic: Endocrinologist  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Axe25

• Posting Member
I have a appointment with one on the 7th and im not really sure what to expect...Am i going to have to provide another blood sample or will they want me to give urine or something.....Also will he refer me to a plastic surgeon if i need them?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I have a appointment with one on the 7th and im not really sure what to expect...Am i going to have to provide another blood sample or will they want me to give urine or something.....Also will he refer me to a plastic surgeon if i need them?

What do you mean by "another" blood sample?

Offline Axe25

• Posting Member
I was refered to the endocrinologist because I had blood taken by my pediatrician twice and they said my hormones were all messed up and that something was wrong with my pituitary gland

Offline Hypo-is-here

Axe252,

Possible further investigations will include;

Further blood tests,
Dynamic blood tests (where you have to stay in hosptital for a few hours)  
MRI scan of the pituitary.

If your hormones are out of balance your doctor might also want to do a bone density scan.

But the best way to know is (drum roll).........................................................................................................Ask your endocrinologist to explain what happens next :D

Let me know how it goes.

All the best!

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
How old are you?
Isnt a pediatrician a doctor for childeren,infants???

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
How old are you?
Isnt a pediatrician a doctor for childeren,infants???

No.. I'm 17 and I still saw my pediatrician. You want to know why? ITs to dam hard to find a new doctor.

Offline Axe25

• Posting Member
Im 15 which isnt really that old but i dont think im considered an infant. Hypo I have had a MRI of the pituitary and they said they detected something is wrong. Would a bone density scan require bone removed  or just some sort of xray?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Bone density is an X-ray study. Sometimes if your apparent physical maturation is really out of normal range they may also do a "Bone Age" study, this too is just a full set of x-rays.

It sounds like you are on the right track, Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline Hypo-is-here

Paw Paw is correct.

The bone density test is simply a scan.

There are differing problems that can occur at a pituitary level, so you will have to enquire what it is that they found via the MRI.

You need your doctor to tell you what is going on, you need them to be specific and detail the name of the problem and the issues surrounding it.

It sounds as though they are finding out what they need to but you are still in the dark.

If you find out what problem it is you do have, I can put you in touch with appropriate support groups/individuals who can help you out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024