Author Topic: OHIP only for Fielding?  (Read 3472 times)

john20to

Hi guys,

i had an appointment booked with Fielding a few days ago..and considering the receptionist was such a b*tch..i decided not to go. I hated the way she handeled my phone call, extremely rude and cold.

Anyways, i booked an appointment with Dr. Sean Rice - i dont know if any of you have heard of him?. My concern is that....i want OHIP to cover my surgery- i cant afford more than $1500..- and  from reading other posts- im beggining to think that dr.fielding is the only one willing to get OHIP involved. So what i wanted to know was that..is it up to the surgeon to decide if they want to involve OHIP or am i able to decide that?  (i was also reading another post about dr. lista charging $5000- that freaked me out)

thanks

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hey Bud:

I think you are the only one who had this kind of experience with her. She is really a nice lady and so do the doctor. May be she had a bad day and you got the wrrong impression. But nothing wrong visiting personnaly them as won't cost you a bit.

Just a suggestion.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i had an appointment booked with Fielding a few days ago..and considering the receptionist was such a b*tch..i decided not to go. I hated the way she handeled my phone call, extremely rude and cold.

I'm assuming you were talking with Leslie. However, it's possible that you were talking to someone else. Leslie may have had a day off. If it was Leslie that you were talking with though, I'm surprised that you have taken a disliking to her. Personally, I found her very nice and understanding.

I do recall (a while back) that some guys found Leslie to be very indiscreet. The guys said that they were embarrassed/angry when Leslie spoke (rather loudly in the office) of Gynecomastia.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
i have to say, in the last year and a half, i have been talking to her very frequently and i have to admit she is pretty cold. i mean she does her job well, but she wont try very hard to be nice to patients. i often had the impression i was bothering her which is not the attitude i would expect...

as for her discretion in the clinic, i agree, the place is tiny and she can sometimes be very loud... but at some point i figured, everyone has their own embarassing little problems so i should just stick to mine and not care too much about what these other patients think...

i can totally understand what you mean, i guess it is one of the main differences if you go with fielding... you dont have to pay much but you dont get the service you would get in a private clinic with a full staff....
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline dcvet

• Silver Member
I found Leslie to be fantastic.  She was great to talk to and very helpful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024