Author Topic: 14 days post-op update  (Read 3480 times)

belfastmale

Im now 14 days post-op since my surgery with dr benito. things are goin ok so far, bruising is nearly gone and have got full movement back in my arms though still a bit tight when i stretch above my head. also returned to work yesterday.
im now gettin to the stage what Dr Benito told me about, he said it will get worse before it gets better. over the last couple of days my chest seems to be goin back to way it was before the op. i remember my chest was flat and really tight the first time i saw it after the op but the last few days it seems to be losing its tightness and gettin bigger again. i hope this is just swelling and scar tissue.
anyway i have a check up with dr benito in 2 weeks time. will give another update in few weeks time.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member
Dont worry mate, you're completely right in thinking it is scar tissue + swelling. Give it 6 months, you'll be surfing USA...not literally, that wouldn't work.  :)

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Hi Belfast. I had surgery with Benito and I'm just over 4 months post op now. I was worried about swelling and uneven chest, but it seems to be improving all the time. I was obsessed with looking at the results in the mirror for the first month or two, but now I don't look as much but I am still noticing improvements. Benito told me 6 months is a good bench mark for final results, but it could be up to a year. I was nervous just after surgery that the unevenness wouldn't go away, but I'm really happy with the results now and I am a lot more confident now that the very end results will be fantastic.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

belfastmale

overall im happy with the results so far. chest is def a lot flatter. wats worrying me is that i still grab wat seems like fat on my chest like i could before op, hoping this is just swelling or fluid build up caus dr benito told me that he removed all the fat.
im finding now to be the hardest time just trying to be patient!
also just a quick question. How tight should the compression vest be?

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
It is really difficult to be patient, especially in the early stages. As for any leftover fat, you have to wait at least 6 months for you can see anything like final results. When you have your follow up with Dr. Benito, that'd be the best time to ask him about any concerns you have.

Benito told me to wear the compression vest as tight as possible, but not so tight that it causes you any pain or too much discomfort.

belfastmale

Just a quick update. Im now 22 post-op, things are ok. Having no problems so far, all the bruising is gone and have full mobility. Started back to gym this week, just taking it easy and gona build the weights back up gradually. Dr Benito said i could start exercising again after 2 weeks and back to full training after 4 weeks if i wanted to.
The only problem i have is that my right side seems to flatter and tighter than the left side. Im hoping this down to swelling and scare tissue but i can pinch an area of tissue that feels like its fat.
I have my 4 week consultation with benito this next friday, so he should be able to answer my questions.

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
How did the consultation go? How's the gyne?

irish lad

hows things belfest...

is this post your revision results with benito?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024