Author Topic: Post Op Care for Fielding Patients - Q&A  (Read 3133 times)

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
QUESTION 1:
Dr. Fielding said the healing would take care of itself now, and only to use vaseline/polysporine if there's itching.  But I've read about creams and silicon gels all over this board, so I'm wondering if that won't be beneficial?  Is it just the way lista does his surgery that requires those gels and antibiotics, or is it case by case for different patients here?

Any thoughts?

QUESTION 2:
After the first week, how tight are you keeping your vest, and how many hours/day. 
I keep mine on all the time, except for about an hour showering and breathing.
At times I feel there is not enough compression, either because the vest has stretched or I'm numb.  But I'm also getting my circulation cut under my right armpit.

Any thoughts or solutions?
Surgeon: Dr. Fielding

View My Pre-Op Pictures
View My POST OP Pictures

Jan 13 2010, Moobs Remoobed!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
1. JCF is right... MoNa will take care of the healing...  ;)

2. Dude, you don't want the compression too tight...  If you are feeling any discomfort, then you've over done it at tad.  Let me ask you this... If you cut your finger and put a bandage on, would you put it so tight that your fingertip turns blue? Of course not! ;)   Just SNUG my man, just SNUG!!!  ;)

You should wear your compression garment as much as you can for the first 3 weeks. Taking it off for showers and a breather will not hinder the healing process...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
You know what? I think I read MoNa somewhere here and thought it was a kind of cream!  lol

Mother Nature, got it now. 

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to do some searching now on the nipple indent problem (inpple?  ;D), but if you had any experience with that I'd appreciate advice on how long it took to go away.

It's predominant on the left side, and folds in almost a centimeter.

I noticed quite a few of Fieldings patients having more healing woes on the left side.  I wonder if that 's because he's right handed, and standing on our left he'd have to stick his less deft left finger up there, or turn the right at an awkward angle.  The healed versions look good, but maybe it's something to expect going in.

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Well it's been three weeks.
There has been noticeable improvement in scars, and some improvement in flexibility, but still tight when I raise my arms. And numb an area about 1.5 inch radius around each nipple.

The worst thing is there is concave contour when I flex or lie down, and the creases under each nipple.  It looks like the doctor tucked in too much skin or too much nipple and the line is deep and wide.

I wonder if I should keep wearing the vest, massaging or what?  I have been massaging by the way and it tends to lower the hard swelling at the top of the ribs.  

I'll make an appointment to ask the doctor about the nipple creases and keep you posted.

One more Q:  did anyone see about getting replacement vests?  Does fielding offer them and is there a charge?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:40:21 PM by shirtshy »

Offline ThisSucks15

• Posting Member
Hey man, I just had my surgery with fielding last week. And yea my left side is definetly more painfull and indented then my right. Fielding didn't give me a compression vest though, he didn't think a needed one but I think I might want one, should I?

And right now my nipples look in even an not really circular :S.
( first time I've seen them since pro-op is today)
also, how long did it take for the stiches to go away?

Thanks

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
@Thissucks15

My nips were not round at first either so I was pretty worried.  But they're rounding out.  Still a crease, but I had a pretty severe case, so I think it will take time.

I used polysporine (life brand) from the third week, and the stitches and scars around the nipple are now almost completely gone!  The lipo scars are still there, healing more slowly.

One day is not enough time.  The best thing is not to panic, he can't do anything like revision until it completely heals anyway.  So give it time, week by week, not day by day.  If I were you I'd get a vest.. just to stop yourself from looking obssessively ;)

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
I'm at the 1 Month mark, and have a couple questions for those who've been through this.

Question 1: How long did it take to get back all feeling in your chest?  Are nipples sensitive again?

Question 2: My nipples are not rounding at the incision and they are still indented.  Were there dramatic improvements from the first month results.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024