Author Topic: Surgery With Dr. Fielding-Jan 27th  (Read 6079 times)

Offline gangstajatt

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery with Dr. Fielding on Jan 27, 2010. I arrived at hospital at 930 (was told to come 9:00am). Registered myself, and went threw double doors to day surgery. In there they told me to change into gown and put my belongings in a personal belongings bag. I was called at 1030am by the nurse for basic blood pressure, fever etc checkup. At 1230 (was scheduled for 1130), went in for my surgery. Upon arrival in the OR, i laid on the table where they put a warm blanket and gel pads on my feet. Then they put IV in my left arm and was put to sleep through that. I woke up in the recovery lounge with a horrible taste in my throat, and very drowsy as 200pm. Took about 10 minutes to get gather me thoughts and what not. They gave me two pain killers while i was in recovery for the moderate pain. After recovery i went to OR around 300 and was discharged at 330. I tried to get out of bed; however, was very week and hungry. After my discharge felt extremely hungry but at same time felt like puking.

I arrived home around 600, and noticed little blood on bottom corners of my pecks. I took the compression vest off to make sure there was no hematoma, and put it back on immediately (i know i wasn't suppose to, but was worried). I called Dr. Fielding officer in morning and was advised its normal. Also my right peck was hurting more then left. Receptionist advised me to call next day if it continued. Seems okay for now. If i am laying or sitting at one spot, there is none to very minimal pain; however, when i move around (even life my arm or reach for something), i notice pain. I also take a Tylenol three every 4-6 hours to help with the pain.

Question for people who been threw surgery:
Was there pain present post surgery, if so rate it 0 to 10 (yes, question nurse asked you lol)

I keep you all updated along with pictures. Secluded to go see DR on Tuesday.

Cost for my surgery was: 1575 with GST included.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:00:02 AM by gangstajatt »

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
Hey there,

I went through the same thing you did 2 weeks earlier (Jan 13th)

There was some pain but not much the first week.  Just when there were bumps in the road.  The second week has been sightly more painful I guess because the feeling is coming back and the nerves are attaching.  I would save the tylenol 3 for week 2 :)

The feeling is kind of like a cold pins and needles on the skin.  The other pain comes when I lift my arms.  A sharp pulling pain like you're tearing meat just at the top of the rib cage.  I think this is where scar tissue has built up.  I've been stretching gently by putting one hand on top of my head and massaging above and below the breasts.

Anyway, it's not pleasant, and the garment sucks, but everyone seems to go through it and it will soon be a memory.  2-3 months is a long time to wait to see the dr. again, so TRY not to sweat everything until then.

cheers
Surgeon: Dr. Fielding

View My Pre-Op Pictures
View My POST OP Pictures

Jan 13 2010, Moobs Remoobed!!!

Offline fivesix

• Posting Member
Hey....nice to hear both of your experiences! thanks for that... I have my surgery booked with Dr. Fielding in April....still a way's away :)

I was curious about his cost when I read what you paid......my cost is $2650, according to his receptionist (never spoke to him about money)...i'm assuming that's my cost even after the OHIP coverage of the gland removal. If indeed that is the cost, is that his usual charge?....curious as to why i'm paying nearly $1K more for my procedure....didn't think my prob was that bad..lol

Offline technics777

• Bronze Member
When did you guys call for your first appointment? is the time between your first appointment and the date of the surgery really big?
I remember last year, people had to wait a good 3 months

Offline AZ54321

• Posting Member
yes, i waited for three months last summer with fielding... but i guess that's a busy time of year

Offline gangstajatt

fivesix: Not sure why my cost is different from yours. I am unaware of your condition, but mine was minor (I will be posting pictures in few days)

technics777: Prior to my first const. I didn't call back for few months. Upon calling to book my surgery nurse said that there was a cancellation and i could go early as coming Wednesdays of the week. I was short for cash, so I made an appointment I believe for month after (don't really remember so i am assuming).

Offline shirtshy

• Posting Member
@fivesix

My surgery was $2500.  I think mine was a pretty severe case.  You can have a look at my pics in the link below. ↓

@gangstajatt

How are things going post op?  Hope you're doing well. 

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I keep you all updated along with pictures.

Have you posted Pre Op pics?

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Cost for my surgery was: $1575 with GST included.

my cost is $2650, curious as to why i'm paying nearly $1K more for my procedure....didn't think my prob was that bad..lol

Post pre-op pics guys... Would be interesting to see what a G-note difference looks like...  ;)

Very interesting... I haven't seen JCF's fee this ($1575) low  in 3-5 years...

My cost was $1280 (tax in) on February 16, 2005...  And... just prior (a few months) to my surgery, another member had his surgery done for under a G-note and his Gynecomastia severity was very similar to mine...   ???

However, I'm not complaining here... I would have paid much more than I did to be free of the 'Curse'... It's more of a curiosity than anything...  ;)

Over the five years that I've been on this board, I have noticed that JCF's fees are VERY sporadic. At times, the difference in cost doesn't seem to be justified... However, I'm not a PS so what do I know... :)

GB...

Offline KingGeorge

Hello everyone, I am a student living in Montreal, Quebec. I was really excited when I looked over this forum and saw the remarkably low prices most of you have paid for gynocomatia glandular excision surgery. To my dismay, once I contact Dr. Fielding's office I was given a figure of $3,780 by his secretary. Needless I was somewhat puzzled and dissapointed by that number as i expected to pay in the $1500-$2500 range as most of you have paid. Maybe I am not aware of certain things or there a new policies in place that behind this price augmentation. Maybe I should go in for a consultation with Dr. Fielding and hear a cost estimate straight from his mouth? I'm unsure what to do at this point. Please help me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

It's true dude, if you are from QC, you pay full cost. You should have asked Leslie while you had her on the phone, why those from Quebec have to pay more.

There have been other guys from QC that have had surgery with JCF, and they also had to pay full fee.

Sorry dude...   :-\

GB...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024