Author Topic: NHS ARE USELESS!  (Read 1823 times)

Offline nufc2011

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

I have had gyno since about 12 or 13, I was a fat kid I'm no longer fat.

I'm about 5 10 and about 12 1/2 stone medium build. I have hard lumps and stringy feeling stuff under my nipple and a disk shape it is very womanly looking and have had comments when wearing a shirt!

I went to the docs and explained she said it was normal, I know it is not I explained how I get made fun of and people make comments she was trying to make out it's all in my head and prescribed anti depressants which I took. This made it look worse due to slight weight gain.

They made me practically suicidal! she refuses to acknowledge that I have a legit problem, it makes me feel like I'm insane and it's ruining my life!

I don't have a particularly good credit record, I make late payments now and again and I already have some credit which I think counts against me. So no way could I get a loan, I have tried for the op.

I am working living with my gf paying rent and bills and driving lessons :( so looks like I'm going to bin the nhs off and start saving for the op with karidis, I live in newcastle though so the thought of going to london is an added pain.

How did you all pay for the op? When I think of getting the op it makes me feel quite selfish spending that sort of money did anyone else struggle with this?

anyway just venting grrrrrr.
I wish I had never bothered with the doctors.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I hear you about spending that amount of money on an op, I first bulked at the idea, thought no way can i justify spending that amount on myself, thought about all the time and effort i had spent thinking about my gyne and trying to lose weight to make it hopefully go away and then came to realise that i have spent so much time thinking about it, on gym memberships and supplements to change my shape and make the gyne not as visable but the fucking stuff is still there, that i've decided i cant put a price on happiness in life and whilst i'm a positive upbeat happy guy, i know i would be even more happy if i didnt have gyne.....i'm in my 30's and probably only have the next 15 years to enjoy my body before it all naturally starts to go south, so for the sake of £4grand, i'm going to enjoy these next 15 years more than the last 15 years of wearing baggy tshirts etc

at 4K over 15 years it works out at £22 a month....once i got to that sum and with the above, there was no more thinking about it.

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
If you really wanna go down the NHS route (which isn't very popular on here btw) then just ask for a second opinion and see another doctor. I think alot of doctors don't seem to be aware of the psychological issues that can come along with having gynecomastia. It's certainly taken its toll on me over the years which I never fully realised the extent of until I was diagnosed with depression earlier this year. That's when I found this place and decided that I needed to do something about it before it was too late. I was then faced with the decision of either saving up the money over the course of the year or explaining the situation to my old man and seeing if he would lend me the money. I could've possibly gone down the NHS route but to be honest I didn't want some inexperienced surgeon hacking away at me only to be dissapointed with the result after being on the waiting list for god knows how long. I'd much rather pay someone who I believe to be the best man for the job and has a consistent track record of successful results (which I believe to be Karidis).
So, after a bit of thinking, just the thought of being gyne free in a matter of months made me decide to bite the bullet and ask my dad for a loan. He agreed and I'm under the knife next week.  :)
Have you thought about explaining your situation to a family member and possibly loaning the money from them?

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
LOL @ ShakerMaker. Everything you just typed is true for me too! I also 'explained the situation' to my old man (God, was that embarrassing) and he agreed to pay for the op with Karidis. Not only that but my surgery is next week!

And yes, nufc2011, the NHS are effing useless! have applied for surgery 4 times in 10 years and have been turned down each time. I recently just waited 10 months for the panel to make a decision only to be told 'no', depsite the fact that they were well aware that I was having suicidal thoughts + a documented history of mental health problems caused by the gyne'.

F*CK THE NHS!!!

Beg, borrow, save; do whatever is necessary to pay for the surgery with Dr. Karidis or Paul Levick, who is slightly cheaper at arond £3800.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024