Author Topic: JUST HAD SURGERY....  (Read 2490 times)

Offline J1985

Well i wasnt going to post anything, but i felt guilty because i collected so much information of the site it would probably be wrong not too..  Had Gyne since i was 13..im now 25....  most here know how much it sucks so im not gonna get into my whole history with it but needless to say i had not enjoyed it lol..

Finally built up the courage too call Dr Fielding in Toronto and setup a consultation last week wednesday..I guess i was very lucky because i scheduled the surgery for exactly one week later (Today) and had my surgery done at 930am at St Josephs... he only charged me 1500+ tax so maybe i also caught a break there, I know have it on the one side (unilateral Gyne) so maybe thats why..

Im 5-10 165 and had always been skinny my whole life and felt i was very noticeable, you could clearly notice it...although it was strange two of my ex girlfriends i told i was having the surgery were shocked i was doing it and very surprised because they say they never noticed anything.....I thought the first one only said that to be nice, but today when i talked to the other one she literally said the same thing which bogels my mind cause i know shes not lying...i figure maybe i was just good at hiding it which thankfully i will not have to do anymore ;)....

To anyone considering the surgery i would tell them definitely go get it done! i havnt even seen myself without the vest yet but im excited I know it will be much better!..there has been literally no pain since i had it done 8 hours ago...maybe 1/10 if anything...i was actually even shopping for a baseball glove when i got back home throwing a ball from my right hand into the glove on my left where i had the surgery lol....  I did not feel nervous at all really during the whole process maybe because i was so excited, the only part that did scare me at first was the thought of having the IV put in my hand and it barley tickled....   I big plus was bringing one of my buddies along instead of a family member, we just cracked jokes the whole time which took my mind off everything, he had my convinced the IV was 4 inches long and very painfull....what a friend lol.....

The doctor informed me after the surgery he was surprised how much came out and made the point twice.. he said it was pretty much all gland and barely any fat...he also said it was about the side of a mcdonalds hamburger patty which was interesting, funny and disturbing all at once..

That is my story..i felt obligated to share my experience because i have read literally 100 on here and that hlped my decision big time i dunno how long it would have been if i didnt discover this site..thanks guys!

one question i do have.....how can you tell if u have a hemotoma if you if you cant take your vest off for a week??? that part has confused me...so far i have two very small bruises on my upper chest which i dont think are anything to worry about.. and only having it on one side i cant really compare?

Offline canada1991

Sorry I cannot answer any of your questions, but congrats on the surgery, and if you have a chance you should post some pictures.

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Congrats on your surgery and great story!  I think the signs of hematoma are significant bruising, swelling and pain.  A little bruise here and there is definitely not a hematoma.  Fielding will be able to tell right away if you have one or thinks you'll develop one when he does his post-op inspection with you.

Now keep the vest on and follow the post-op instructions.  Congrats again.

Offline RBruser

Congrats on the successful surgery. That sounds like a good price.... I'm heading in next week and paying $2400 (though i have it on both sides). Apparently prices have recently gone up due to anesthesiologist costs.

Bottom line, glad to hear you're satisfied with the results. Every new satisfied Fielding patient I come across reaffirms my notion that he's the best out there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024