Author Topic: Bras for Shallow breasts  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
What are good brands that fit shallow breasts better?
What I'm wearing right now is OK (underwire gets a little pokey in the side if I start moving a lot, found this out today when on a bumpy section of road... and I found they are sitting on my breast tissue, but not pressing in), but I would like something that is able to handle shallow breasts better.

hammer

I'm not sure what you mean by "shallow" breast, but personally I don't like wires and I'm a 46H. I find that a good well made full support bra works fine.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
If by "shallow breasts" you mean breasts that do not stick out very far from your chest, that may mean that your breasts are a smaller cup size, such as A or B.  If so, I have had pretty good luck with a wire free front close leisure bra from Leading Lady (style 110 size 44A/B).  My only issue with them has been that my breasts are set wider than most bras are designed for.  You can check out these bras at herroom.com or leadinglady.com.  Both companies seem to have a fairly wide range of sizes, and I have found both companies to be good to work with.  Herroom even has an interactive "Know Your Breasts (KYB)" bra-fitting guide that can be a lot of help in choosing a bra that will work for you.

Good luck.

Offline paaul

• Posting Member
Minimiser bras have generally much more shallow cups, you could try one of those.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Samael,
Have you been successful in finding a bra that fits shallow breasts well?  If so, please share.  I'm finding that my breasts are more shallow (don't project out as much) than most of the bras I have found in my size so far.  While the leisure bras I mentioned earlier work fairly well, I would also like to find some bras that are made for wider set breasts and give support without mashing my breasts against my chest as much as these do.

I have not yet tried a minimizer bra as paaul suggested, but it's next on my list.

Offline Samael

• Posting Member
Samael,
Have you been successful in finding a bra that fits shallow breasts well?  If so, please share.
I've tried on about 30 bras, and only one came close, but it didn't hide my nipples :/ so I didn't buy it. It was a Hanes... can't remember the model name though...

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Samael, I too have had trouble finding bras that aren't too deep in the cups.  I just found the Leading Lady 5028 (underwire), 5042 (wire free) and 5044 (underwire) that come in A cups with the large band sizes, and a Carnival 509 minimizer in a B cup that wasn't too deep.  I found all of them at HerRoom.com.  Hope this helps.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I would assume shallow meaning not full breasts.
Soma is very good at bra sizing, but sizes are dominant from 28 to 42 (some sizes in 44-46).  They do have some sizes in A cup, but not usually larger than 40 band.

Offline Budster70

I'm only a 36/38A and I found a cheap bra that works but would rather have something better I sleep in it only @ night but will have to get it myself since I have NO real spousal support 

rrr

I'm only a 36/38A and I found a cheap bra that works but would rather have something better I sleep in it only @ night but will have to get it myself since I have NO real spousal support

I'm not getting it. I understand the need for a bra for support, nipple hiding, or to reduce movement, but those are all things when a person is up and about.

Why would anyone (male or female) wear a bra at night?

Bummed and confused

hammer

I'm not getting it. I understand the need for a bra for support, nipple hiding, or to reduce movement, but those are all things when a person is up and about.

Bummed and confused

Bummed, I'm with you! I'm one of the biggest on the forum at 46H and like many women I know, give the girls a brake and let them out of the cage! Hell, I don't even box them up every day but then I get sore if I go to long!

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member

Im 38a/b i only mainly use a bra for excersize.  I have a moving comfort sports bra that clasps in the back like a regular one.  I at one point when i started wearing on i wore it more than just excersizing because it stoped the bounce and i got use to it.  I even once slept in it and had horrable sleep.  My wife is 42dd and wears one so tgey dont flop around in bed.  However if our goal is to stop bounce and for support there is no real need to sleep in them.  Its of course up to you.  My wife is ok with me wearing one during excersize only.  However long car rides the bounce is anoying.  I just started walking again after 4 months and putting the bra on i actualy was uncomfertable during tge walk.  No bounce while you.  I would avoid wearing them at night.  Also there is reserch on negative impact if wearing them 24/7.  So let them breath at night..

aboywithgirls

Bummed and confused

I'm in a 36G . I wear a regular underwire, full coverage bra almost every day. I really can't get away going bra less.  I've got to much size and projection. I'll also wear a leisure bra to bed because they do "flop" around. 

It's really a matter of personal preference. No one "needs" to wear a bra. For me, it's for comfort and modesty. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It can be a battle for a person with small breasts that wants a bra for whatever reason.  There are very few bras with AA, A, AB, and B cups.  This is especially true of sizez that would fit around the chest of a man.  We tend to have much larger chests than women.  and the breasts are usually spaced wider apart.  My 48 inch chest does not fit anything in most stores because they would only have large cup sizes with bands that long. 
Sometimes a front close bra 2" smaller but with an extender is the better solution. Careful though, the smaller strap size would mean a proportionally smaller cup as well.  
Grandpa Dan

rrr

aboywithgirls said:

I'm in a 36G . I wear a regular underwire, full coverage bra almost every day. I really can't get away going bra less.  I've got to much size and projection. I'll also wear a leisure bra to bed because they do "flop" around. 

Ok, I'm nowhere near that size (and hope not to be), but I have to ask: What on earth are you doing while sleeping that would cause flopping? I hardly move while sleeping....
Paa_Paw said:

There are very few bras with AA, A, AB, and B cups.

Oh boy, I guess I'm "lucky" to be a guy with boobs that's only a 34...
:-(
It's going to get interesting in the next year, as my shirts are getting tighter. I will not go up a size because A) oversized shirts look stoopid, and B) the sleeves get way too long
Bummed

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024