Author Topic: 1 month post-op as of today  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tim_

• Posting Member
I'm one month post-op today (Dec 23). I had my surgery with Dr. Fielding and it went off without a hitch. He did an incredible job - i look down and i can't believe its my chest. It's not pretty or anything yet, but im no longer 'endowed' and that alone makes all this worth it.

I think my whole upper body is confused- for years it had these large woman-like 'moobs' to contend with, and now there's nothing pulling down on it anymore. The area right now still feels very strange - the odd fleeting jab of pain, numbness and a lack of any sensation around the nipples. I think because of the size of them he tried to trim the aureolas a bit which is causing them to still look a bit warped, but during post-op he said over time it would fix itself.

There is a haematoma still on the left side which is slightly painful to the touch, and causes the nipple to stick straight out, and feels as though its grown back into a hard, spiny lump right under the skin. I had two post-op appointments with Fielding, not one, and during the second one, he drained that side, but it has come right back (its been 17 days since). He warned me that it could come back but reassured me that if it did it would retreat after a few months.

I'm willing to wait it out - it isnt like i need to be looking perfect during the winter - but i do hope that if 5 months or so down the road the haematoma is still there that it can still be drained at that late a date.

Anyway, i'm still in a state of disbelief i think - i havent let it soak in that i no longer have this problem and allthe social phobias its caused me since puberty. Meeting new friends, meeting girls, looking for jobs (am changing 'careers' to go into the trades), wearing a t-shirt when its hot out, going to the gym - all this stuff will be much easier to tackle.

If any of you still aren't sure about it - gather up your wits and just go for it. If you live in the GTA, you're already one step ahead of the game since you have easy access to Dr. Fielding who i'd wholeheartedly recommend - a friendly reassuring guy with a ton of experience at this kind of surgery.

tim

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024