Author Topic: advice please  (Read 2400 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
hi folks my bandages are comming of on thursday is there any easy way to take them of to make it less painfull,how do you get of the black sticky stuff left behind

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
very very hot water in shower or alcohol wipes or oil like cooking oil or baby oil.try it out.i am very hairy so it was ok with these 3 methods so if you take your time and do it,it should be ok.good luck

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
i found a nice long hot shower to work best........then simply remove the bits that are pealing away with scissors.......then just Repeat process the next time you jump in the shower :) .

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
WD40. No, really.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
WD40. No, really.

ha ha , take your car to kwik fit and they may oil you both up :) .

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Markashleigh

I rubbed WD40 into the sticky side of the bandage as I gently pulled it back.  I'd guess that petrol lighter fuel would have the same effect as it would 'de-nature' the adhesive.  Also once the bandages were removed, there were a number of those stubborn dirty sticky patches around my shoulders and back.  Once again WD40 soaked into cotton wool - rubbed into the offending areas and it easily lifted out the marks.

I think I'll send this advice into Bella's 'top-tips' section and earn myself a tenner ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024