Author Topic: Had surgery with Fielding  (Read 9630 times)

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
  • It's a no-brainer HAVE THE SURGERY!!!!!!
Just thought I would put it out there.  Yesterday I
had bilateral excision with liposuction.  It cost me $642.00 for the lipo and $0 for the excision.  I used
local anaesthetic and did not fell any pain at all.  I
actually drove myself to and from the hospital. :o
So far no pain and I have no need for the painkillers.

wave

Procedure:  Bilateral excision and liposuction
Date:  May 3, 2004
City:  Toronto
Surgeon:  Dr. Craig Fielding

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
What's up everybody?  Just thought I would update my post I made 6 months ago.  As I said in my above post, I had bilateral excision and liposuction.  My case was not severe at all so the majority of my gynecomastia was due to glandular tissue.  Very minimal liposuction was needed.  Dr. Fielding did not tell me exactly how many cc's of fat he removed but did say that it was a very minute amount.  Like I said before I did not experience any pain after the surgery and I never did have any use for the painkillers.  After surgery I waited 2 weeks before I went back in the gym.  For the first 3 weeks that I was in the gym, I did strictly cardio work on the stationary bike at a low to medium intensity 7 days per week.  After those 3 weeks I was back into my old routine I was doing prior to surgery.  So for anyone asking, it took 5 weeks before I was back to my regular training.  As of today I still have scar tissue behind my nipples.  Also my chest is still quite swollen but nothing to noticeable.  Like Dr. Fielding said to me when I went back to him 2 months after the surgery for a check up, "You don't look like someone who had gynecomastia."  Which in my opinion is the ultimate compliment to myself and to the surgeon.  That is all any one of us should expect from gynecomastia surgery.

peace

Offline jonQ

• Gold Member
  • wish it was gone ... bye - bye
congrats man,im going to see fielding in about a month,cant wait,do you have any pre/post op pics?
take care...
had the surgery done,now i'm gynecomastia-less

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
sorry jonQ I did not take any pics besides the one's that Dr. Fielding took himself.

P.S. Good luck with your upcoming consultation and surgery.  You'll be in good hands.

Offline mysterio

• Posting Member
 As of today I still have scar tissue behind my nipples.  Also my chest is still quite swollen but nothing to noticeable.    

great to hear your story. i'm wondering if you can comment on the scar tissue thing. I'm alittle over 2 months post op with fielding and have developed alittle scar tissue under the nipples. I'm very satisfied with the operation... but the hard tissue thing is noticible. Was there any improvement from when you first noticed it to the 6 month mark? did he give you the massage advice?

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
Yes, I have seen improvements with regards to the scar tissue behind my nipples.  I noticed them as soon as I removed my bandages a week after surgery.  But not only were they behind my nipples but I also had some at the side of my pec muscles where the cannula had been used for the liposuction.  The scar tissue I had at the side of my chest is completely gone but the ones behind my nipples are still present but not as prominent as they once were.  They have definitely dissipated in size since I first noticed them.  To be honest, I am not even quite sure if the lump I feel behind my nipples are scar tissue or the remaining glandular tissue that Dr. Fielding purposely leaves in so that you do not have a concave looking chest.  But I am waiting until I pass my 1 year mark before I draw any conclusions and give Dr. Fielding a call.

P.S.   No, Dr. Fielding did not mention anything to me about massaging the scar tissue.  But I did use the massaging technique because of all the posts I read on this site, and I do think that it does help.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
it's been almost exactly a year since the surgery, were you happy?

what are the odds this guy still reads the boards

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
shame...seems like we only get the experience of people who have recently under gone surgery...most of the time they're still swelling and wondering how far the swelling will go down..

it would be nice to hear these experiences after a year and see if the doctors are really right that the final result takes a full year

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
shame...seems like we only get the experience of people who have recently under gone surgery...most of the time they're still swelling and wondering how far the swelling will go down..

it would be nice to hear these experiences after a year and see if the doctors are really right that the final result takes a full year

On Feb. 16 2006, you will get a full report!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 05:18:52 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member

On Feb. 16 2006, you will get a full report!  ;)

John.

sweet..but aren't you a little curious to know how satsified other people are after a year? it would give you a good indication..

if anything, dissappearances are a good sign i guess, if they're happy, they go away...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

sweet..but aren't you a little curious to know how satsified other people are after a year? it would give you a good indication..

Sure, it would be cool if some of the one year and beyond Post-Op'ers posted once in a while. However, most people only 'take', with no 'give'. It's sad part of life. :-/

if anything, dissappearances are a good sign i guess, if they're happy, they go away...

This is true, but it still would be interesting to find out how they are doing....

John.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 12:29:10 PM by Bambu »

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
1% lol

I think the odds just went up! ;)
What's up everybody?  I would like to start off by saying that since the day of my surgery back on May 3, 2004; I have not left these boards.  I comeback to these boards at least 2-3x per week.  I am not an active poster but I am definitely an active reader.
I was going to wait until May 3, 2005 to give my 1 year wrap up but since y'all called me out, I guess there's no time like the present. Be prepared to read a long post.  YOU ASKED FOR IT ;D.

I will start off my wrap up by telling everyone who is contemplating having this surgery or to those who are waiting for their day to come, that there is absolutely nothing to be nervous about.  As you all know I am that crazy muthafukka that drove himself to and from the surgery.  For obvious reasons I would not recommend that y'all do the same.  For me the surgery itself was not more than 30min.  From the time I walked into the room until the time I got dressed and walked out was approximately 45-50min.  It felt as if I just went to the doctor for a regular check up.  The time just flew by.  Unlike most of the people on this forum I had the local anaesthetic.  So I witnessed the WHOLE process of gynecomastia surgery.  I was talking to Dr. Fielding each step of the way.  When Dr. Fielding was making the incision around the areola to excise the gland, I made sure I focused on the ceiling and did not look down.  I did not want to see my nipple pulled off to the side(sorry for the visual).  Personally I never felt any major discomfort during or after my surgery which is why I had no need for the tylenol 3's the doctor had prescribed.  Like I said in my previous post 6 months after the surgery, I did have some swelling and scar tissue.  Between that time and now the swelling is completely gone.  I do still feel something behind my nipples but I don't know if it is scar tissue or the remaining gland that Dr. Fielding purposely leaves in to make sure that your chest does not looked caved in.  But like I said in my previous post it is not visible at all.  There is absolutely no doubt that I am COMPLETELY satisfied and grateful for the work that Dr. Fielding did on my chest.  I plan on making an appointment to see Dr. Fielding in the next couple of months to show him the good job he has done and also so that I can see my before pictures.  It's funny how you forget how you looked before the surgery until you see your old pics.  A picture truly is worth a 1000 words.  

P.S.  Just because I do not post on here regularly does not mean I am not around.  I am not going anywhere.  I check out this board at least twice a week, so if you have any questions I will answer them.

PEACE!!!!!!!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

There is absolutely no doubt that I am COMPLETELY satisfied and grateful for the work that Dr. Fielding did on my chest.

wavecap....

Glad to hear that you are happy with your results. Congrats!

Wow, a local while you had surgery huh? That would have made me a bit nervous. I had a general.

John.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
dude, this is great to hear..i just had my surgery..

i'm glad i resurrected this thread...

was local your choice? general was the best, blink and it's done, personally i didn't feel sick or anything and was completely alert about 5 minutes after waking up...

and you said you can feel something behind the nips...not a big deal right? did you have puffy nips before the surgery? would you say they're completely cleared up now? did the areola shrink?

in your case, at what point would you say you came to the final product..did it take the whole year?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024