Author Topic: Vest and Surgery Consequences for my case  (Read 1428 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
Hi,
I will be underdoing a glandular excision early next month. My case is relatively mild, and I am a 23 year old in excellent health.

Due to the fact I am just undergoing excision, and my case is mild, can I get away with wearing the compression vest for just a week?

Also, can I expect the surgery effects to mild in comparison to people who have undergone lipo or lipo/excision?

Thanks

Offline thisfar

• Posting Member
"can I get away with wearing the compression vest for just a week?"

I'm 11 days post op now and I feel that I would be okay with out the vest.  My doctor told me to continue to wear the vest when I saw him a week after surgery.  I told him that I would be going back to school in about a week and want to keep the surgery a secret from my room mates and friends.  He said that I would be okay without the vest by time I go back to school.  I am wearing an Ace bandage right now because you can hardly notice it.  The doctor also said that I could wear a shirt like a biker wears (underarmor), or some alternative that provides pressure.  But like I said, I think I would be fine without anything at all.  Hope this helps

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your surgeon should give you specific instructions about this.

He will be taking into account what has worked well for him in the past and also your case in particular.

Since the instructions are personalized to some extent, you should be careful to follow them.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024