Author Topic: Latest Fielding Oppers - Compression from Doc?  (Read 2534 times)

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
Hey all you Fieldinganians. Just wondering if the good doctor supplied any sort of compression vest.

I've read in other posts he just says to go with the tensor.

Has anyone talked to him about just a simple underarmour shirt? One that you'd be able to get on a bit more easily after a week or two?

It seems vests are all the rage, but I'm unsure of whether I actually need one.

tx,

ceo
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 06:24:11 PM by chopemoff »

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
No. Dr. Fielding don't offer you compression vest but only the tensor belt. But rather than spending more money on underarmor shirt, you can buy compression vest at sportcheck or any other retail sports store for under $30.

I bought one from Nike for $30 and one from Reebok for $15 (from US). And I showed both to Dr. and he is fine with them. You can wear tensor and top of compression T's. That way tensor will be held properly without any roll out and it's totally unnoticable.

Hope this will help.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 11:35:09 AM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
That's what I was planning on doing.

The only question I have is...how easy is it to actually get into an underarmour shirt immediately or shortly after surgery?

Do you have the kind of maneuverability to wiggle into it several days post op or did you have to wait  a week or so?

thanks,

ceo

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
i ordered one of makemeheal.com

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
You dont really need the Underarmour shirt until you take off the foam pads. After I took off the foam pads... I used the tensors and then wore the underarmour shirt overtop of the tensors. Basically the underarmour vest keeps the tensors in place so they dont fall down. I am still wearing my under armour vest. I bought a medium...  and it fits pretty snug. You shouldnt have any problem getting the vest on after you take the foam pads off (after a week), I didnt have any problems anyways. They are a b i t c h to get on though not your regular t-shirt....lol.

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
that's what I noticed when I tried the t-shirt version on at sportchek hehe.

thanks for the feedback.

did you guys find wider tensor bandages at the drugstore? all I could find was the ones that are about 5 inches wide for wrapping ankles and such. did you just wrap those around you several times?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Not really. I bought one from Pharma Plus but best thing about it is, no clips. It has vrey good velcro system. Very easy to use and vrey confortable. But it is same as 5" only.

Other day, my tensor clip were broken down. So I went to local store to find and couldn't find any. So I went to local hospital and tell them that i had a surgery at St. Mich and need to wear a tensor for couple of weeks. Lady was so good, gave me the new tensor wrap withour asking anything.

So best suggestion is, when you go for surgery, tell your family member to ask for extra tensor belt from nurse (well, you will be sleeping !!!). Hospital have wider tensor belt which ou can't find in local drug store.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Also,

not sure makemeheal underarm shirts but I am using compression T's from sport check. Vry comfortable and very reasonable price as well. And Dr. Fielding ok'ed it.

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
many thanks for your tips + tricks!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024