Author Topic: Lista surgery complete  (Read 2827 times)

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Completed surgery with Lista last week.  Surgery was one & half hours, one hour recovery.  

Pain - I had one Percocet in recovery room.  I took no pain killers since, not even tylenol!  I felt no pain after surgery.  Only discomfort has been from wearing compression vest, but I am getting more used to it.  The surgery area is tender and feels the same as when you touch a bruise, only this time the bruise is your whole chest area.  I understand that people experience pain differently so I don't want to say this will occur to everyone.

Bruising - Next morning, I was very purple.  day 3, purple and yellow.  day 7, mostly yellow, some purple.

Recovery - I don't want to recommend this to anyone, but I found that the office overly stresses how difficult the recovery week is to be.  I was told to stay in bed or couch to watch TV or read only for the week after surgery.  I was told not to drive for a week.  Reality was that I could carefully go out the next morning, and drive.  Actually, I went out everyday following surgery.  I was very careful of course.  I didn't watch any videos that I had rented in anticipation of the week-long "recovery".

Results - I am happy.  Dr. Lista said I can expect 90% improvement.  I feel that is a good way of describing result.  I feel I can take my shirt off anywhere after I heal.  The swelling and bruising has shifted around, so I still can't tell what the final result will be.  I will try not to gain any weight in future for fear of adding fat to my new chest.

Cost - $5,000 + GST.

Why Lista? - I was paranoid about scar on my nipples any other way.  I consulted with Lista and a "celebrity-type" cosmetic doctor.  I got a bad feeling from the other doctor.  I had booked Dr. Fielding, but had to cancel my consult and his secretary wasn't very accomodating at all.  So, I chose Lista.

Lista pros - With Lista there will be two consults pre-op.  There will be a check the day after and another a week and a half after surgery.  The nurses are fantastic.  They have a lot of experience, for example they had 5 surgeries just on the day I was there!  They do about 3-5 surgeries a day every day of the week.  Lista makes you feel comfortable and he has a lot of experience with gynecomastia, having developed his own PAL technique.  

Lista cons - the office is shabby.  The building is shabby.  Written instructions are not up-to-date, however, the administrative staff is very helpful and always there to offer advice.  I waited a long time pre-op.  Expensive.

Recommedation - Guys, just do it (if you can afford it).  Surgery is straightforward and recovery is not a big deal.  I recommend having surgery in colder months, so you can wear compression vest inconspicuously under heavier clothing.    

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
thanks for posting marx.  my surgery with lista is next week...can't wait.  is 90% really what you got, or is this just his way to never say 'perfect' results?  were you in shape prior to the surgery, did he remove upper area too?  does he show you what he took out like some pics I have seen of other doctors?  i agree about the office..I have to admit I was a little nervous sitting in the waiting room thinking 'oh god what am i doing here...'

you say you can go out with your shirt off...that says a LOT.  I am hoping for a perfect chest, and I know not to expect that but its hard not to with 5G spent!  

are you completely flat now, or do you think you'll still have some ti'ts when all said and done...pics before and after???  thanks man lots of questions.

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
is 90% really what you got, or is this just his way to never say 'perfect' results?  BOTH - YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH RESULTS.  

were you in shape prior to the surgery, did he remove upper area too?  AVERAGE SHAPE.  YES HE REMOVED ALL AREAS I HOPED HE WOULD.  

does he show you what he took out like some pics I have seen of other doctors?  NO, BUT DIDN'T ASK.

I am hoping for a perfect chest, and I know not to expect that but its hard not to with 5G spent!  PERFECT CHEST IS IN YOUR HEAD.  YOU WILL NOT BE ASHAMED TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT ANYWHERE - THIS IS A GOOD FEELING.

are you completely flat now, or do you think you'll still have some ti'ts when all said and done.  I AM 90% FLAT, 10% breasts  ;D

pics before and after  I WILL TRY AFTER I HAVE HEALED (VEST REMOVED - 4 WEEKS)

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT - GOOD LUCK!

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
awesome thanks for the quick reply.  i will post my results too.  the only thing i didnt mention was that i got tylenol 3's prescribed instead of percs...but as you say you didnt need them anyways...

Offline MRD

• Gold Member
Congratulations :D Can you post any before and after pictures?

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
hey marx,i,m getting mine done in 2 weeks by lista. my 2nd consult is tomorrow.Did you have general anestsia?did he say ho much cc of fat he removed and how much tissue gland in grams.did he do every thing through the same incision as the pal?thanks

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
Hey braveboy - I had a list of questions prepared for my second consult but did not ask about cc of fat or grams of gland.  For sure you get general anesthesia!!  In fact during the surgery you will have Lista, anesthesiologist (to monitor you the whole way through) and two surgical nurses.  Surgery starts by lying on the table, nurse gives you oxygen mask while the anesthesiologist puts in the intra-venus (small pin prick in your wrist).  Then count to ...1 ...2 ...3 ...then the nurse wakes you up in the recovery room!

Good luck and have all your questions ready for Lista!

Offline braveboy

• Gold Member
  • formerly shyboy
I think i'm going to ask the doc if he wil do the procedure using local anestesia with a IV sadation,he probaly won"t.Did he get all the gland out though the same incision as the pal.Do you think i will be able to drive myself the next day to the post op visit?

Offline marx

• Bronze Member
I would be surprised if Lista uses local anesthesia.  Yes he gets everything out of two incisions.  The incisions are about to 2" to the outside and 3" diagonally lower away from the nipple.  They are about 5mm long.  Yes I think you could drive but his office is very strict about following the rules (no driving for a week, having a guardian for next 24 hours, etc).  They will not do the surgery if you do not come with someone who will take you home post-surgery.  Obviously if you are medicating yourself for pain using narcotics (eg Percocet, etc) you cannot drive.  Also, be very careful week after surgery not to lift or use your chest muscles as you have to focus on healing to get best results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024