Author Topic: about gynecomastia  (Read 1632 times)

Offline immaculate_m

hey guys,
recently turned 18. i am 6  foot 2 inches tall and i have very womanish features like broad hips and slender shoulders. i have a curve like a woman and small breasts. but they look normal to me. and it has been like this ever since i grew this tall, before i was normal, i have a manly voice, with a large adam's apple, to get rid of the curve i tried many excerises. and i contacted many people regarding it. but of no help.  i was wondering if there is some person who could help me here. is it a hormonal problem? can it ever be corrected?  how can i talk to my parents about this problem? thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I don't really know the answers to most of your questions.  "Maybe" would be my answer to all of them but one.  The question about telling your parents.  You definitely need to tell your parents of your concerns, and sooner rather than later.  They need to be kept in the loop, even if they don't seem to agree with your feelings about yourself.  You will benefit greatly by having their support through this.  They may or may not understand at first, but you've got to start the communication with them about your feelings and keep those lines open.  Show them this web site.  In particular show them the "no longer taboo" video at the top of this "Gynecomastia Talk" board.  Good luck and keep us posted.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
If you're concerned with your hormones, you need to schedule an appointment with an endocrinologist and have them do some blood work to find your Testosterone and Estradiol levels (and any others that they recommend).
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024