Author Topic: Just had surgery on NHS...  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
I just had bi-lateral excision done last week via the NHS, took approx. 6-7 months in total to get there. hard work getting the PS to agree to it!and due to the weight id lost in preperation for surgery the PS said to me on the day that she wouldnt have took me in if I had looked the same way a few months earlier despite having a clear case.
Ive had gyne since I was young, started off with puffy nipples and as i gained weight it became more pronunced. I didnt have any liposuction done and am still left with evident gyne, though not much puffy nipple, which is what i had hoped for as i can now wea t-shirts without being paranoid, no beach for me though! The day after the PS told me that I should wear a tight fitting t-shirt for about a week. I read on here about people wearing compression vest for months, can someone tell me why that is? I am relatively happy with my results at this early stage (though I could do with some liposuction), considering what I had before, why is there such a need to keep wearing a vest for so long. Also, what repercussions can exercise in general have aside from the obvious pain factor? Thanks

Offline outertrial

Most doctors recommend wearing a compression vest to reduce swelling and encourage your skin to adhere where the tissue has been taken out. Generally for a month or so. Some say you dont need I suppose to an extent it is a matter of opinion.

Excision but no lipo is a new one on me. Plenty of people complaining about the reverse here but not that. You should be alright to start exercise a couple of weeks after the op, and should definitely do some at 4 weeks, swimming was recommended to me as it uses a good range of motion in the affected areas.

Im guessing she didnt say anything to you about massage (which you should do daily)  or offer any post op consults? Good old nhs, well at least you didnt have to pay for it I guess.

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
"Im guessing she didnt say anything to you about massage (which you should do daily)  or offer any post op consults? Good old nhs, well at least you didnt have to pay for it I guess"

She didnt mention anything about massaging or how that should be done or for what benefits. I wasnt informed of how much was taken out or about the nasty constipation that I had to look forward to that had me up until 7am from the painkillers i was given. She basically made me feel like I was lucky getting the surgery, her people skills were horrible. Though I do have to wait on a letter for a revision appointment, what that will entail I have no idea as I certainly dont envisage her making any adjustments to her work despite it being needed. As you state, at least its free and overall I am happy enough as I can wear t-shirts without it being obvious, but could do with some liposuction especially on my right side but I wont hold my breath on her agreeing to that.

Offline outertrial

Have you got any pics you can put up?

Massage should take about 5 minutes a day. If you put one arm up to stretch the skin and massage with the other hand that should get the blood flowing and help healing. It also reduces swelling and scar tissue over time apparently.

tbh she probably didnt do the job properly because she wasnt familiar with the procedure. Its ok if its helped the problem overall, you can save up for a private op later if you need to.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024