Author Topic: Finally has surgery last week on 20th June 2007 and have got a few questions.  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Donatello

• Posting Member
Finally had surgery with Dr Levick last week.

Have now got until 23rd September this year to wait for when I start university. Hopefully my chest will look in the parameters of 'normal' by then. I can start to wear the any clothes I want to wear and not worry about concealling my moobs. I am hoping also it will boost my self esteem as at the moment it is as low as it has ever been.

The whole surgery experience has been pretty good the care in the priory hospital was excellent. Dr Levick is likeliable person he seems to have better people skills than most doctors I know and he made me feel pretty much at ease the whole time. The same goes for the nurses and the anathestic doctor.

Dr Levick said he took out 50cc of gland and 20cc of fat by liposuction. Which he said was a decent amount of gland.

At the moment I am 5 days post op and have left my house for the first time since surgery(I was going insane being in my house 24hrs a day) so am at the local libary. Any way the reason I am hear I is to ask former Dr Levick patients a few questions.

1. How did you feel about yor chest 3 months post op in terms of its appearance were you able to wear any clothes you wanted with confidence or did you still have reservations?

2. Again in terms of appearance did you have the confidence to expose you chest in public such as at public smimming pools or not?

3. Anyone who began weight training or losing weight 4 weeks post op did you find that the various forms of training had any affect on the healing process or the formation of scar tissue during that time?

Any answers a greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
I have not had mine yet so can not help, but I have a question for you, how do you feel about your chest now and the way it looks? You say you are at the lowest you have ever been, is this becasue it is not looking how you want it to at the moment?

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
Sorry I am unable to help too! However, congratulations on having the surgery.  I fniished university last year, and although I loved every moment I wish I could have experienced it minus the m00bs!  I hope you live your three years to the full now minus them.

well done, and keep us posted on your progress.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Welcome to the other side!  ;D ;D ;D

I’m glad it all went well and it sounds like you planned things pretty well so that you will be 3 months into healing for when you hit Uni in September and out of the compression vests.

I was on cloud 9 within an hour of coming out of surgery; I even took a pic of myself with a smile from ear to ear as I sat up in bed.  The damn things that had haunted me were gone and I didn’t mind looking like a trussed up turkey with those bandages because the boobs were gone.

Take it easy for a while and don’t be worried what you look like when the bandages come off. I nearly fainted when I saw my chest for the first time.  I looked an awful mess.  It’s funny looking back at that now because I was concerned and I didn’t need to be.  I’m now 8 months down the line and about 85% healed and although I might need a little tweaking later in the year, I still think I look bloody marvellous and any extra improvement will be a bonus.

Anyway onto your questions:

1. How did you feel about yor chest 3 months post op in terms of its appearance were you able to wear any clothes you wanted with confidence or did you still have reservations?

I was absolutely over the moon with my chest. After 3 months it wasn’t perfect but I could and did wear any clothes I wanted including T-shirts (although it was the middle of winter I still wanted to wear them)

2. Again in terms of appearance did you have the confidence to expose you chest in public such as at public smimming pools or not?

My chest was still lumpy and I was working hard on the massaging to alleviate that but yes I did once go swimming and no one gave me a second glance.  The lumpiness was only visible close up and the incision points under the arms were just tiny red lines and to all intents and purposes invisible.  All signs of bruising and main swelling had long gone.

3. Anyone who began weight training or losing weight 4 weeks post op did you find that the various forms of training had any affect on the healing process or the formation of scar tissue during that time?

I can’t comment on this as I didn’t do anything along those lines prior to surgery.

If you haven’t already done so might I suggest you have a read of the diaries in the Diary section of this site?  A few of us who have had surgery with Paul Levick have detailed the whole thing right through to 12 months post op in some cases.  The reason I suggest it is you might find it useful if you hit a low because swelling comes up or fluid starts sloshing around inside your chest (all of which are normal and no reason to panic).  I think the most useful bit of advice I could offer is to have patience.

All the very best of luck to you, and feel free to ask questions if you have the need.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Donatello

• Posting Member
In response to alexfocus. My self esteem is low due to missing out on a lot of oppourtunities due to my moobs.My self esteem is damaged due to the constant mickey taking of my moobs throughout my teens. This has affected me to a point were I hardly go out as I am too worried about my moobs and I always hunch when I walk. I have also turned down the advances of a lot of girls throughout my teens which I deeply regret. This year this has bothered me more than most but I hope that this surgery will improve me self esteem for when I go to university.

PS. I am only 5 day post op so have not took of my bandages yet.

Offline Alexfocus

• Bronze Member
Ah right, yes I know how that feels all to well. Well I wish you the best of luck, I am sure now you will have more confidence than you know what to do with. Please let me know how it all pans out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024