Author Topic: What Can I Do To Make My Gyno Look Less Noticeable?  (Read 5835 times)

Offline whatupnigs123

• Posting Member
Stats:
-17 Years Old Male
-5'7'' 168 lbs.
-19 % Body Fat
-Have had gyno for about 6 years now

Situation:
-Go the gym once a week now for the summer; bench around 145-165 lbs.
-Blood work said low levels of fsh and lh, normal range of testosterone, high levels of prolactin
-Took bromocriptine for 2 months, nothing happened

Now what? I have a good amount of glandular tissue that sticks out, you can see the difference between my glandular tissue and my muscles and I have puffy nipples still. Is there anything I can at-least do to reduce the size of the nipples?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 12:53:36 AM by whatupnigs123 »

Offline CaliforniaKing

• Posting Member
Going to the gym only once a week will have no affect on your gyno. Bromocriptine, nolvadex, and 'diet aid of questionable value' etc. also not do anything. They are nothing but a waste of money. The only cure is surgery. To make it looks less noticeable you could try a compression garment like Under Armour. There isn't any you can do to change the appearance of you nipples aside from stimulating them to make them hard, but that only lasts about a minute.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Blood work said low levels of fsh and lh, normal range of testosterone, high levels of prolactin
-Took bromocriptine for 2 months, nothing happened

Whoa!  It is not normal to have elevated levels of prolactin.  You need to have a full evaluation by an endocrinologist.  One of the things to consider is a possible prolactinoma (a benign tumor of the pituitary gland in the brain).  If that should turn out to be the case, then treatment with bromocriptine might be indicated for a long time.  And bromocriptine will not make your present gyne disappear -- it would only prevent additional growth.

Bottom line:  gym work is fine for everyone -- but it will not affect your gyne significantly.  You need evaluation by an endocrinologist.  In the meantime, compression garments can provide a better contour for you.

Surgery may possibly be in your future -- but way down the line.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024