Author Topic: One month post-op; so far so good  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
First time poster here but wanted to share with some of you who are considering it just how life changing this can be. I'm nowhere near the final result but at nearly 5 weeks post-op I'm extremely pleased.

I used Dr. Dr. Wilcox in Texas and he did great work (so far). Not sure about the do's and dont's on here when it comes to naming doctors but he deserves the shout out.

There's one small indentation on my right side which he says is possibly from the compression garment but other than that I really couldn't be happier and can't wait for the final result.

Strongly encourage you guys out there who are affected by it to strongly consider it.

Here some pics at one month post op (put the bore n afters side by side but files were too large so I'll have to use another post for the rest of the pics)

After pics seem backwards bc I took em myself in a mirror

Offline xelnaga13

Excellent results. It sounds like you're doing really well. Make sure you take advantage of your new positive energy.

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
Excellent results. It sounds like you're doing really well. Make sure you take advantage of your new positive energy.

Thanks!  I definitely will. Been waiting far too long

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
Having a hard posting the pics from my iPad. Will get some more up from a computer soon

Offline jamesharvey79

Hello,
I am considering this as I look the same as you in the before pics.  I was wondering did you have the tissue and the lipo removal?  I looks like they did a excellent job, congrats.  Did they have to remove any skin or did the skin shrink on its own.  It looks like you would have had some excess skin hanging, however I see no skin hanging.  That is my only consern, as I don't want scars from them removing skin.  Also, did the do only local anastasia?  I am going to make my appointment this week. 

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
Hello,
I am considering this as I look the same as you in the before pics.  I was wondering did you have the tissue and the lipo removal?  I looks like they did a excellent job, congrats.  Did they have to remove any skin or did the skin shrink on its own.  It looks like you would have had some excess skin hanging, however I see no skin hanging.  That is my only consern, as I don't want scars from them removing skin.  Also, did the do only local anastasia?  I am going to make my appointment this week. 

They did not remove any skin. In the consultation that was his one minor concern but he felt confident that if I wore the compression vest enough that I was young n healthy enough for it to conform properly.
So I basically keep the vest on for about 23 hurs a day right now just to play it safe.

No they used general anesthesia. He's got quite a different technique from most where he makes the incision under your armpit so there's nothing on your chest. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
For sure it looks good. Nice that your skin was able to shrink down on its own. Good luck!

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
For sure it looks good. Nice that your skin was able to shrink down on its own. Good luck!

Thanks!!  Trying to get some more pics up from my iPad but it keeps telling me the file size is too large

Offline fsugrad

• Posting Member
Hello,

They did not remove any skin. In the consultation that was his one minor concern but he felt confident that if I wore the compression vest enough that I was young n healthy enough for it to conform properly.
So I basically keep the vest on for about 23 hurs a day right now just to play it safe.

No they used general anesthesia. He's got quite a different technique from most where he makes the incision under your armpit so there's nothing on your chest. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Awesome results.  Just a few questions:

1) What is your age?

2) Did he use drains?

3) What type of liposuction did he use?

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations. I look the same as you in the before picture.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
One very important point in gyne surgery -- THE SKIN SHRINKS!!

Many times I am confronted with guys with very large and even droopy breasts.  If they are young and healthy and have never been significantly overweight, more often than not the skin will shrink and tighten on its own -- most of which occurs during the operation itself.

Some surgeons immediately think they have to excise skin -- and that leaves scars which are permanent.  Why trade one problem (gyne) for another (scars)?  IMHO, it is always best, whenever possible, to perform minimal scar surgery and give the patient ample opportunity for the skin to tighten.  One always can go back to tighten a little bit of skin many months afterwards -- but even if so, there would be less skin to tighten (hence smaller scars) because some of the skin would already have tightened.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline McGilli

• Silver Member
I'm impressed with the OPs results because I tried to convince my surgeon to cut off skin. I told  him he could leave me with scars, I'll sign off on it if he wants.

He kept saying there is no need because the skin will shrink, and the scars would be unsightly.

But I tried through 3 consultations with him - even the day of the surgery I told him feel free to cut off any skin you want.

So I'm impressed with these results shown here. Please do post more pictures when you can.

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
Hello,

Awesome results.  Just a few questions:

1) What is your age?

2) Did he use drains?

3) What type of liposuction did he use?

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations. I look the same as you in the before picture.

I'm 29 and he doesn't use drains with this type of technique. Darwin a blank on #3. Just know he goes in through the side w the cannulas.

I'm trying like heck to get more pics up and can't figure out why it keeps telling ,e the file size is too big. Used my phone to take the one after pic that I was able to post as well so idk why the others won't work

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
As you can see the right side is a little more swollen. One of the pieces he pulled out was a little bigger than expected on that side so there was more bruising and swelling over there

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
One more from the front. Finally figured it out

Offline Thedon24

• Posting Member
As you can see the right side is a little more swollen. One of the pieces he pulled out was a little bigger than expected on that side so there was more bruising and swelling over there

Also a slight indentation on the right which he said is most likely from the garment but still a long way to go in the healing process so I'm trying not to obsess over every little thing like that

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024