Author Topic: Kleinfelter questions  (Read 5067 times)

Offline Hypo-is-here

nicktheory

Not sure there Dude. I'm not even sure if I'm KS at all. Never been tested.

John.

KS is only one form of hypogonadism that happens to have been highlighted on this website.

It is easily possible for someone here to have hypogonadism- but simply a differing form.

In fact according to the best research 10% of all of us here will have hypogonadism of one form or another.

There are different mosaics form birth and there is also Kallmans Syndrome.

Forgetting that you could have;

Partial Androgen Deficiency

PAIS (partial androgen insensitivity syndrome- which in some men is expressed via normal genitalia and a lack of viralization).

Fertile Eunuch Syndrome

High SHBG low free testosterone

Metabolic hypogonadism

I could go on and on- there are so many differing causations of hypogonadism.

Please note that KS is hypogonadism- in one form- no more no less.

Looking at the other side of the coin I should also explain that small testicles do not necessarily equate to hypogonadism- although there is an association.  Some men genetically have small testicles, often in such men they have very low levels of SHBG. Such men only produce low levels of testosterone in the blood because they have little testosterone bound by the carrier protein- in other words they have as much free testosterone as men with bigger testicles.

Also small testicular size can be due to a lack of fertility and problems with the steroli cells required to produce sperm- but in fact have nothing to do with a lack of testosterone.

The fact of the matter is whilst certain physical examinations will point to stonewall obvious abnormalities or even point generally towards certain conditions the fact is hormone pathology is absolutely required in order to diagnose these issues.

In these situations sometimes that is not enough and a dynamic assessment of the HPTA (Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Testicular-Axis) is required or even genetic chromosomal analysis.

If anyone here feel that this is a potential issue and this wish to inquire further I can help them further such enquires should they wish- simply PM me.

P.S

Bambu I loved that photograph of you a few months back when you were in your back garden (I think)- enjoying a beer and your new found freedom.

I found it quite inspirational I hope everything is as well for you as it was then.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
P.S

Bambu I loved that photograph of you a few months back when you were in your back garden (I think)- enjoying a beer and your new found freedom.

I found it quite inspirational I hope everything is as well for you as it was then.

Hypo....

Yes, that pic was taken in the back garden. Glad you liked it!   ;)

Yes, all is well. Thanks for asking....

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024