Author Topic: Nipple Scabs  (Read 6080 times)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I had areola reduction. The areola turned black and is now peeling of skin, pink underneath. Is this a good sign? Is their chance my areola still might fall off!! ??? Are these normal processes for healing???

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
It is a very good sign.  Relax.  That pinkness you see is new skin.  You want new skin.  You're fine. ;)

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Thanks Gabbeyhey!! Should I peel it off or let it fall off on its own?? I wish I could take off these steristrips, the incision line looks like it wants to peel to but can't due to the steristrips..errr.....Itchy as a MF'er!!!  ;D I shouldn't be concerned of my areola falling off at 20 day post op , should I?? :-\

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
You don't have to worry at this point about them falling off.  You're pretty much in the clear.  Don't pick at the scab, let the scab fall off on its own.  I think I've told you this before, but applying neosporin will help the healing process and keep it from being too dry.  Good luck.

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
I wish I could put some neosporin on the incision line, that's where I'm concerned about. Well, there is nothing I can do until the steristrips either fall off or my PS takes them off at my 1-mth post op on 3/23/07

Offline flex1appeal

You don't need to keep those strips on for taht long bro. And the black scabs are normal. I had them too. I actually picked them off and nothing happened. Just let the pink new skin take over. Relax, you'll be fine. As for the steristrips, take them off and put neosporin on and then put a new steristrip on again. That's what I did for about 2-3 weeks. My PS said that was fine and that I didn't even need to keep them on for more than a few weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024