Author Topic: I'm a professor, i have some queries regarding gyno surgery  (Read 2038 times)

Offline anxious guy

hello everyone, i am a professor, and my gyno prob has been there for the last 4 years, i feel it has aggrevated over the last year and since my job requires that i stand on a platform and lecture almost 100 students at a time, i am beginning to get very conscious of the prob and need a solution.
could my gyno prob have been caused by any of the following :
1) i have already had orchidectomy of the left testicle since i was diagnosed with classic seminoma (cancer) at age 21. i am aware that testosterone count drops and that can cause gyno. BUT SURPRISINGLY, MY GYNO PROB IS ONLY ON THE LEFT NIPPLE AND NOT THE RIGHT. RIGHT SIDE IS PERFECTLY FINE.

2)also, i am quite overweight

3)i do drink often (but not in extremely large quantities).
 i have been told that all 3 above mentioned reasons  can cause gyno. i am already in talks with a surgeon regarding surgery ( i dont think medication can help coz its a severe case and there has been considerable development of the left breast.) my query to u is, during sex with my girlfriend she has this nasty and slightly embarassing habit of pulling hard on my nipples. after my cancer surgery, for a bit of time i DIDNT have gyno prob and it has come up coincidentally after one such encounter with my gfriend, so i am wondering  could that have caused the left sided gyno prob or that is in no way connected? or is it basically coz of the drop in testosterone and it has just coincided with the sexual encounter with my gf?
it wont change a thing now but atleast i would have the peace of mind after knowing the answer...and if her tugging and pulling on the nipples has caused it then i can prevent such thing happening to the right side in future. pls lemme know, dear experts.

PS:- pray for me too, need to get the surgery done quickly and effectively.

Offline anxious guy

hey come on guys, someone pls say something...like i said, it'll just put me at ease if i know....

hammer

You have already answered most of the questions yourself, and by some research you would even find more detailed answers!

Yes, lower T level will cause gynecomastia, I have had a bilateral orchietomy and have a massive problem with gynecomastia.

High weight is also a cause do higher Estrogen production that is common in heavier males.

Alcohol use as well is a cause, not sure what kind of amount one needs to drink though!

I will pray for, and wish you good luck! You will also need to be seeing a Endocrinologist , to monitor your T levels, as you may need replacement .

Bob aka Hammer

Offline xelnaga13

I def. second Bob's analysis of your situation. Getting to a good endo needs to be a top priority.

As far as direct nipple stimulation goes... studies have shown that this can cause the release of prolactin. However, this is of little concern to a male with a healthy/typical endocrine system. If you have complications like low T or High estrogen then prolactin can cause lactation, gyno, and nipple expansion.

You will be in my thoughts. Keep us informed.

Offline anxious guy

thank u very much Bob and xelnaga13. will consult endocrinologist ASAP and keep u guys updated. thanks for ur good wishes and thoughts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024