Author Topic: Temporary Puffy Nips After Surgery?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline torontoboy

• Posting Member
Has anyone had surgery and ended up with "temporary puffy nipples"? I have a puffy nipple on my right side, but I'm wondering if it will only be temporary? It still feels hard underneath, but I've read hardness/firmness is part of healing.

I had the surgery 4 weeks ago.

Anyone have puffy nipples that eventually softened and went away?

Thanks!

DrBermant

Has anyone had surgery and ended up with "temporary puffy nipples"? I have a puffy nipple on my right side, but I'm wondering if it will only be temporary? It still feels hard underneath, but I've read hardness/firmness is part of healing.

I had the surgery 4 weeks ago.

Anyone have puffy nipples that eventually softened and went away?

Thanks!

"Puffy Nipples" is a very vague phrase that means so many different things to different people.   Standardized photographs are one good way of showing contour issues.  Contour problems can be one of residual tissues such as gland left behind, swelling, or just normal firmness of healing tissues that tends to show up during animation.  All healing tissues have some degree of firmness that tends to soften up over time as with any cut.

How tissues evolve after surgery depends on the original problem, surgical technique, skill of the surgeon, how you heal, after care, scar care, compression and other factors best explored with your doctor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 08:20:40 AM by DrBermant »

Offline jpeppers

• Posting Member
I'm three days after surgery and have my post-op tommrw, but i have some of the same concerns as you.  My left nipple appears to be a little puffy, and unlike my right one when i press on it it does not have the same hollow feel, instead it feels like their is once aain something hard behind it.

What did you PS say about this?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
My bet is that if it is puffy after surgery then it is going to stay puffy. That is my personal experience and my opinion.

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
You may be mistaking puffiness for a loose areola. If you've had gland out, obviously there's nothing pushing the skin out anymore, so you need to wait for this to tighten. I'm over 4 months post op and still tightening up there.
etc.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024