Author Topic: Dr. Clarke surgery booked for 24/11/2014  (Read 7477 times)

Offline 77777

• Posting Member
Dr Clarke has left her assistant to deal with my aftercare as she has a plastic surgeon conference to attend in Rome. I thought this was abit naughty as I wasn't made aware of this at any part of the booking stage or consultation. The assistant cannot speak a word of English, it's left to the receptionist to translate.

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed at the minute. My nipples don't look natural, I'm hoping given time, they will get better.

Have you any idea on how and when I should be applying the ointment and hydrogen peroxide that I have - it really hasn't been explained to me very well.

All the best with your recovery!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:24:35 AM by 77777 »

Offline sgtakira

• Posting Member
I am just on my way home now.  All in all I'm very happy with the result.  Apparently my glands were huge, so it does mean a little more swellin to deal with and possible fluids build up. Really early days yet though, swelling isn't even supposed to get that bad until week 3.  can't really tell how big a difference it is from these pics but I'm very happy.  Just a long recovery period now.  Going to miss going to the gym for the next 6 weeks.  Also got some decent post op surgical vests at home that will be a lot better than this binder!  How about you?

Offline sgtakira

• Posting Member
Yeah I know what you mean with the after care instructions.  The peroxide I think we need to use a cotton ball over incisions with it then apply the ointment all over bruised areas, let it dry and skin absorb it then put your binder on.  Nipples will look fine in the end bro, they will puff out a bit but that's just fluid build up, your body will absorb it and if it's too much you can always get a doc back home to drain it.  It's very common for that to happen.  I have been reading non stop about all of this stuff from every possible source.  It's a roller coaster ride for recovery but just remember the gland is gone! It's not coming back, anything that's left there is fluid that the body will absorb over time

Offline 77777

• Posting Member
There's no fluid at all at the moment (touch wood), but the stitching doesn't look very neat to me. I know nothing about surgical stitching, so could be wrong, but it just doesn't look that great.

There seems to be a crevice on the bottom part of my nipple. This is making my nipple look sunken in and not round. The compression garment has left marks on my body,  including one straight through that part of the nipple. I'm hoping that this is why it looks odd. I've now put my own Mac0m vest on, so hopefully when I look tomorrow I'll be able to make a better judgement. Fingers crossed.

I don't care about fluid buildup, scar tissue etc, it's all temporary, but I'll be gutted if I have a poor scar or inverted nipple.

Keep us updated with your progress.

I also have a blog on here under the Surgery experiences section

Take it easy mate!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:28:08 PM by 77777 »

Offline Ty25

• Posting Member
Sounds great mate. Glad you are happy. I fly out tomorrow so it's great to here your thoughts. I will be posting my results as i go and get some pictures up.

Offline sgtakira

• Posting Member
I am really happy.  Healing quite well at the moment.  Swelling hasn't really kicked in much at all.  No seroma. Never really been one to bruise much  so all of that has gone already and only a 1 week post op.  Started massaging lumpy scar tissue that's starting to form in chest.  Not the most comfortable thing but will be a lot easier once the stitches are taken out and I don't have to be so careful with it.

It's strange, I don't think it has hit me properly, I have lived with it so long and know it's probably going to take time to heal and look worse before it gets better but every time I look in a mirror or look down I'm happy, in shock maybe.  And tshirts!!! I don't have to pinch my nipples to look half normal or roll my shoulders:  it's going to take some getting use to, not having to worry any more.

My work have me the full 6 weeks off full pay though so I got lucky there, can take it easy until after Christmas. Happy times!!! Can't wait to get back in the gym! This is going to be the best summer ever!!!!!! Possibly hot springs in Iceland this winter even if it heals good! Any excuse to not wear a top! Lol

Offline sgtakira

• Posting Member
Sounds great mate. Glad you are happy. I fly out tomorrow so it's great to here your thoughts. I will be posting my results as i go and get some pictures up.

How long are you going for? I probably stayed a little too long but better than leaving too early.  Full 6 nights including the 1 night in --. Which hotel are you staying at? I went with the ibis, 6 nights cost about £180,  I even paid the night while I was in -- so I didn't have to take any extra stuff with me and could come straight back without check in again.

Good luck bro, I'm sure it's all going to be great. Looking forwards to seeing your progress.

Offline Ty25

• Posting Member
I'm also staying for the full 6 nights as recommended. Hopefully won't be too long and lonely!! Staying in the ibis too.

It's weird saying that in 2 days it will be gone.

I'll post pictures on my sEcton for you all.

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024