Author Topic: Help please, talked to a PS today and I'm unhappy  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Colossus

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I've been given three PS's phone numbers in the city I live in Colorado Springs.  I had my first consultation today.  It was very underwhelming to say the least.  First here are my pics I posted in the pics section: http://community.webshots.com/user/icolossus

When I took my shirt off, the PS kind of looked at me like I was crazy.  He said he had done gyne operations many times but they were only extreme cases, as you see I have a very mild case, but it still brings me down big time.

The PS told me that if we were to do anything, he would recommend lipo only.  He claimed that my body was not symmetrical and excision surgery could bring about worse results, like bad scarring, lumpiness and disproportion.  He said that lipo could help to flatten things out a bit (which is all I want) and if I wasn't happy to come back for revision.  Well I'm going to see two other surgeons to get their input, however, I've read that lipo only does not produce great results.  Why is this?  I just want the puffyness to go away and have things lay more flat.  What a frustrating day!  Can anybody help me here?

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
There are many plastic surgeons out there, brother.  Keep on keeping on until you find one that suits you and that you feel comfortable with.  Chin up...he or she is out there :)

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
From your pictures it looks like your problem is glandular with almost no fat there.  Lipo would be absolutely useless your case.  Find a surgeon that does glandular excision and get that done, you won't be dissapointed.

The reason people don't recommend lipo only is because most people have glandular tissue that contributes to or is the sole reason for their gynecomastia.  Liposuction is very ineffective in removing glandular tissue and works well only on adipose tissue (fat).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:31:14 PM by unisys »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ditto to both of those.  looks like that guy is another case of when the only tool you have is a hammer, all of your problems look like nails.  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:09:16 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Spleen

Seems like it could becorrected.  Keep shopping for a doc.  Try to find a couple guys  who have significant experience with gynecorrection.  I saw 3 doctors before I made my decision and it made all the difference.

Offline flex1appeal

I agree with unisys. Keep searching around and speak to as many PS as you can find. DDon't settle for the first guy. Explore all your options first before deciding on a PS. Keep asking questions on this site as you will find many helpful people with surgery experience.

I just had a revision done today and had Ultrasonic lipo done the first time. My doctor said he wanted to explore that first before doing any excisions as he thought I didn't have much gland. Once I had the lipo done, I then noticed how much gland I actually did have. He removed it today and revised the lipo around the entire region too.  I saw how much gland he removed afterwards and he said he was glad he did the excision this time. I am excited to see that, finally, my chest will be flat. At least I hope so! Only time will tell. I am much more patient this time around.

Offline Hypo-is-here

The surgeon you have seen has very little knowledge of gynecomastia and he is trying to diisuade you from surgery because of his own inadequacies. 

Take the advice given above and look for another PS who wil perform glandular excision.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024