Author Topic: Lacy bras?  (Read 7387 times)

Offline jdb

• Posting Member
I have been wearing sports bras for some time, mainly for their ability to compress and hide my breasts and to do so without the heat build up associated with a compression vest and not to mention the enormous difficulty I found I had getting them off and on.  I am in my fifties and perhaps not as flexible as I was.
Also because I am not particularly over weight and now measure up as a 40C or 38D and quite firm, they show up as being particularly prominent. My wife accepts a bra as necessary for me and even advised that I should put one on the other day as she was expecting a guest and knew I would be feel uncomfortable with my breast shape being so visible.
However, my point here is, it is a whole new ball game when it is casually mentioned that one might wear a lacy bra as has happened in a few posts.  It seems a bit like hey, I wear pants so why not lacy knickers too?
In my view it suddenly turns a need into a fetish.  Ok, if you have a fetish, fine, no problem, but be honest with your self, don’t pretend you have to wear one.  There are plenty of less feminine bras around that do the job.

Offline gotgyne

IMHO a bra that fits and provides enough support is the only crucial reason for a decision. I buy my bras at an orthopedic supply shop. The salesladies there told me that some men with severe gynecomastia prefer the Triumph Doreen bra because of it's wide straps, the excellent firm support and the durability of the garment. Nevertheless it's a bra with some lace. And it doesn't flatten the breasts like most sports bras but makes them more prominent.

Why limit oneself? If my wife likes to wear one of my wood cutter shirts she takes it. So once you've accepted the fact that you need a bra, it doesn't matter what style. If you really want to flatten breasts of your size you'd need compression shirts like these ones

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/a/no-surgery_body_shaping/index.html

Regarding the question of fetish: I believe many people who don't know gynecomastia think that a man who wears a bra is a fetishist. Only for this reason most of us hide our bras. But if you wear a multicolored and patternd shirt no bra is visible, no matter what style.

John

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:04:59 AM by gotgyne »
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline Bobcat54

• Posting Member
It's only a fetish if you make it so.
As for lacy bras.....if you wear a bra for support (because you need it) I see nothing wrong with having fun with it.
What?.....Women wear anything soft and silky and men MUST wear burlap!

Offline kevo

• Posting Member
It's only a fetish if you make it so.
As for lacy bras.....if you wear a bra for support (because you need it) I see nothing wrong with having fun with it.
What?.....Women wear anything soft and silky and men MUST wear burlap!

This is a great point as in the past i have seen some bras with lace or even a certain bold colour and stayed away from them because of this problem and the bras would have given good support, but we do intend to limit ourselves when at the end of the day the bra is covered and under a shirt cheers Kevo

Offline gotgyne

In my opinion fetish has something to do with sexual arousal. I don't get aroused when I put my bra on, no matter what kind of bra. So I agree with Bobcat, that it's only a fetish if you make it so.

John

aboywithgirls

I agree with many points in this conversation. EverybOdy has a different relationship with their breasts, bra, and spouse. My wife and I are almost the same size so many of our bras are interchangeable. They can be black, pink, lace, sports or whatever. It's only a bra. So just wear the right bra with the right shirt and you'll be all set.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
If you have the need to wear a bra, what differance does it make the material it is made with?  My point, I need to wear a bra for the support it provides, and look first for comfort.  I will be first to say that sports bras are not built for comfort, but rather for firm support.

Some of the thinner bras are also lacy in design, but that is great on warm days! 

Again, forget the perceptions of what is manly and what is girly, it should be about what is comfortable, offers enough support for your needs, and is most economical.  Chances are these may have a bit of lace on them as women are the largest market and they buy for other reasons as well.(fashon)

I don't believe I will live long enough where mfg's will think about male needs for bras, so guess I will deal with what is available, and be happy with that.

DB Web

hammer

I can't be very picky about how my bras look!  I was buying 48/50DD But now that I've been re-measured and now need to move up to a "H" cup I don't get much to chose from!

I like front hook bras as I find them more discrete from the back without hooks, but easier to put on! I just ordered the,

ww.lindasonline.com/elila-1415-jacquard-softcup-posture-bra-white.html

this should give more back support. I hope that this bra will help my shoulder and back pain as well as being the right size allow me to keep it on all day without pinching me! At this point it doesn't mater to me if it has lacy designs, flowers, or Mac trucks on it, as long as it fits!

The other morning at breakfast my wife asked if I had a bra on, I said no, she said, I didn't think so, or it wasn't doing its job your hanging way to low!
I put one on a little a later and she said, much better!

That's so sad, when a guy looks better in a bra, lol, but what the hell!

hammer

My new bra arrived today and it wasn't just right, so I called to talk to a fitter, as the difference between my band size and around my breast is 8" so that would call for a "H" cup however I didn't totally fill out the cup on top or bottom, but did out front.

The fitter said to try a smaller cup of course, so instead of mailing trial and err bras back and forth to NYC I have a fitting appointment set up at a place in St. Paul next week.

I have to say that both ladies that we talk to were very nice and understanding. I talk to the on at "Linda the bra lady" in NY, and Debbie called the other to set up the appointment. Deb said the appointment was for me and why I needed a bra, and no problem, the lady was fine with it and there was no change in her voice at all, just made the appointment.

I'll let you know how things go next week.

Offline dbweb

• Bronze Member
Good for you Hammer!
As I have always advocated, a proper fitting bra makes all the differance in the world to comfort and sucess in what its purpose is.

I am sure the fitting you have set up will go smoothly, and expect that after you arrive and get started, will feel a lot better about it than you do now (the fitters are trained to help people relax)

I am sure as well that after this effort, you will be happy about the choices you are given, and much more comfortable with what you have to deal with.

Good to hear from someone in the twin cities area, myself from the NW burbs 

D B

hammer

I've been wearing bras off and on since the late nineties, but I've had through emotional ups and downs over the idea behind it, however my wife and daughters have always supported the idea totally! After the lost of my testicles in the mid nineties my breast did nothing but grow from the mild gyne that I had all my life to the big boobs I now have over the years! I even had a period of time going through hot flashes, talk about weird experiences!

Yep, it's time I do this, but I'm far from being nerves about it, or anything, in fact I wish I was there now as I'm looking forward to a great fitting bra!

Looking a lot on line I find that there are not a lot of choices in my size, so I may have to go with anything that fits!

I'm in the south east metro, Dakota county.

aboywithgirls

My latest bra is the Panache porcelain super bra "lace". And this is a super bra. It's a t shirt bra and I need support with a 38E bust. I absolutely love this bra. Very thin molded cups give great support and nipple concealment without adding to your breastfeeding projection like most molded cups. It does have lace trim between the cups, on the sides and back. It's very comfortable and it's sexy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024