Author Topic: Push-ups  (Read 5471 times)

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I was looking in the mirror a few days ago and was noticing how far my chest sticks out.  It dawned on me that it's not just tissue, but that I still have a lot of pectoral muscle that pushes my chest even further out.

When I developed a bad case of gyne (13 years old) I was advised to start doing push-ups to convert the fat into muscle.  I got to the point where I could knock off 40 without much problem and would regularly do at least 100 a day.  Of course, this did nothing to improve my chest and it made it a lot more noticeable.

Did anyone else make this mistake?  I think my doctor suggested that I do this, which really shows how little many physicians know about gyne.  I wish I hadn't done it, but now I'm really excited to see if my chest looks muscular after I have surgery.  I can still do 30 push-ups pretty well, so I'll have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 01:15:47 PM by User »
Surgery date: February 8, 2006

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
rofl buddy u will not get a huge chest from doing pushups.  trust me.

people have mass inconceptions about body building/mass gaining.

being able to do 40 pushups.  and training to be able to do 100 pushups will viritually not make ur chest grow.

ur getting older, and ur chest is getting bigger.. gland/fat/muscle.

comes with age.  

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I don't know, but that's what I was told by a doctor and it seems to check out.  My chest does stick out more.

I wasn't talking about extreme bodybuilding or anything, just building up a bit of muscle that pushes the tissue on my chest out further.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I have to do a lot of press-ups when getting fit and I did not notice that it made my gyne stick out more.I can't say it made a huge difference .

I was losing fat on my chest at the time so maybe that balanced things out.Maybe it depends on the amount of gland or something. Anyways hope the surgery works out.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
User,

I made the same mistake to an extent. My chest is about 99% glandular tissue and I had sensitive breasts. Doing push ups always hurt me because my chest was so sensitive but, I did them for about a year straight and my chest stuck out more and the skin seemed stretched more as well. But, I had a little fat with the tissue and the fat pretty much disapeared. I am glad in some ways I did the pushups but, pushing the gland out a little kinda sucked. Well I am getting surgery to remove the glands and insurance is going to cover mine (I will know on friday) because mine is a medical case. Well, since I have not much fat all the surgeon has to do is remove the large glands and the puffy nipples and pain and sensation will stop and everything should be back to normal. Hoping they approve it and don't male thingy around this time. They have been slow on getting back but, my mom called them multiple times and they have to give it to me because everything was normal and I had a confirmed problem from my doc, surgeon, etc. Anyways soon that will be finished. Good luck with your surgery as well. Since you did a lot of push ups and toned and built some muscle once they remove the gland and whatever else your chest should be looking good. All they really have to do is remove the gland properly any fat lipo and sculpt and then you should come out with a good looking flatter firmer chest.  Hopefully things turn out for the best for ya and results are what you expected. Good luck

Offline kindherb42

• Gold Member
  • F*ck this gyne sh1t
I know what this guys means.  Iv been bodybuilding for the last 9 months of my life where i just focused on Incline Bench and never did flat or decline.

Anyway, at age like 12 i started doing mad pushups all the time and i thinkit built a foundation for my chest and forced it into rapid growth since i was just going through puberty and my body realized my chest muscles were getting worked a lot and my pectoral muscles grew A LOT.  Even when everything on my was thin and had some lean muscle i could move my pecs up and down and they were hard as a rock (yes that's an exaggeration but none of my friends that worked out could believe how hard my pecs were).

Offline User

• Bronze Member
I have to do a lot of press-ups when getting fit and I did not notice that it made my gyne stick out more.I can't say it made a huge difference .

I was losing fat on my chest at the time so maybe that balanced things out.Maybe it depends on the amount of gland or something. Anyways hope the surgery works out.

I may be imagining it, but it seems like the gland is being pushed out further?  I guess I'll know once I see a surgeon.  This thread is just another warning to guys who think that push-ups or any exercise that builds the pects will change their gyne.

nothingworse, I hope you get insurance to cover it especially because you're in pain.  I had some tenderness for awhile, but that gradually disappeared.  

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
'Push-ups' work the arms, not the chest. If you want awesome Pecs, try some 'Flys'.

But hey, you could spend 24/7 at the gym and still have Gyne. If you have glandular gyne, then surgery is the only answer...   ;)  

Trust me on this!!!

Have you ever heard of a woman loosing her boobs with exercise alone? It just would never happen! She would have to have a 'surgical' reduction.... Hint, hint, hint....

John.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:53:33 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline User

• Bronze Member
'Push-ups' work the arms, not the chest. If you want awesome Pecs, try some 'Flys'.

But hey, you could spend 24/7 at the gym and still have Gyne. If you have glandular gyne, then surgery is the only answer...   Wink    

Trust me on this!!!

John.

Is that really the case because I'd always heard that it worked both your arms and chest?

But yeah that second part is the point of this thread.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Is that really the case because I'd always heard that it worked both your arms and chest?

Yeah, I guess U're right there Dude. Push-ups works both arms and chest. However, the best exercise for your Pecs are Flys, not Push-ups.

Anyways, any GP who says to 'Exercise' more to get rid of Gyne should have their license revoked!!!   :P

John.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024