Author Topic: Finally gave in to wearing a bra, some of the time  (Read 3499 times)

Maxx

I have resisted this for many years now, but i finally had enough.

I was working on remodeling a house and sweating like a beast. Everyday I was suffering with sore nipples from the sweaty t-shirts making them hard all day. The final straw that broke the camels back...I hooked a nipple on a shower door when I was painting a bathroom. That was immensely painful for the rest of the day.

When I got home, I took a shower, and I grabbed one of my wife's bras, and it actually fit pretty good. I walked down stairs, and said "can you tell I am wearing this?" Then I lifted my shirt. Told her how miserable I was (actually she was there when I snagged my nipple on the shower door) and this seemed to help immediately.

She just said it actually made my breasts less obvious, less pointy, and she understood. She didnt react the way I feared. She suggested I get my own though. The one I grabbed she didnt like...probably too big of band which is why it fit me, so she gave it to me. My wife has very large breasts, so her normal bras wont fit me anyway. The sleeper one I tried on isnt a perfect fit, but it was a relief from the pain.

I thought I was a 42C, so I ordered one. It was too small. I ordered a few more 44C and 44D from amazon.

Measuring is kind of a crap shoot. Band is 42-43, but over breast across nipples is nearly 51. I have a lot of sumo underarm fat/boob, and a bit of a V shape to my back. Getting it right is kind of a guessing game. Amazon is my friend, as I can try one and return until i get it right. I am way to embarrassed for a formal fitting, and suspect they will sell me a $90 bra and not a $25 one.

I still can't bring myself to wear one in public, but I will probably get there eventually. Baby steps...I guess. I still feel like I look stupid when I see myself in the mirror. All man, except for the stupid boobs and bra. I am not a small skinny guy, or in anyway androgynous. I am also not ready to get cut on just so other people are okay with how i look.

Acceptance is a process. One I have resisted probably with too much effort over the years. It is all a head game.

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
Hey, you got a supportive spouse.
What more could you ask for? It’s always good to have faithful troops in the castle.
Outside of that. As you may read on many posts and topics, not as many people will notice than you think do.
It’s fact.
As many will chime in tho and I agree.
Grab the wife and book an appointment to get fitted together.
Takes the guesswork (and waisted money) out of playing bra roulette on ordering wrong sizes.
Better to have 2-4 well fitting than 20 non fitting.

aboywithgirls

I agree. Time to get fitted!  I have always had great experiences getting fitted. I tried Torrid and they are also Awesome. 

Offline Johndoe1

You can get close with mail order trial and error, but you can't beat getting a professional fitting. The difference between trial and error and a real fitting is night and day. Look around for a local small mom and pop shop. Make an after hours private fitting. You won't be their first male.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

hammer

I'll throw me 5 cents in too!

Going for the formal fitting is the best thing that I ever did for myself, and I was treated with great respect!

Go you won't regret it!

aboywithgirls

These are the bras from my last fittings at Torrid. I was a little sceptical at first but can say that I'm a Torrid guy now! The bras are and there staff are both top notch and make you feel comfortable.  The only thing those girls judge is how good the fit of what ever your buying is. 

hammer

What do they cost?

Do they come in larger band sizes such as 46, 48 or 50,'s

And cup sizes?

And how do you take your pictures upside down lol?

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
I’m almost willing to bet his pics are from an iPhone  as mine do that too.

hammer

I’m almost willing to bet his pics are from an iPhone  as mine do that too.

Time to upgrade to a Samsung note! Mine is the note 8, that doesn't leave you hanging upside down! Lol

Jason13820

Glad you have a supportive wife. Since we're about the same size, I recommend Lane Bryant bras. They offered me a fitting in store when I was hesitant to ask for one. And the bras are very comfortable and well made, especially for a guy with a broad chest/shoulders.

aboywithgirls

What do they cost?

Hammer,  they run about $40 or so. And yes, they actually specialize in larger sizes. They will probably have your 46H in stock in most their bras.

And cup sizes?

hammer

What do they cost?

Hammer,  they run about $40 or so. And yes, they actually specialize in larger sizes. They will probably have your 46H in stock in most their bras.

And cup sizes?

That's a bit nicer than the $70.00 that I paid for my last bra!

aboywithgirls

Hey, I know the feeling. When I was buying my 38H bras, I paid as much as $120 for a few of them. Even my wife said, "you're in your  bra .for 18 hours at a time, get something that's going to last you 18 hours ". $10 bras at Walmart aren't very effective or comfortable. The Torrid bra for now, seems perfect. Its comfortable, not to flashy, and affordable. I can actually forget that I'm wearing a bra, even after having it on all day. 

Offline Johndoe1

When I first started wearing bras I bought Walmart bras. While cost effective (cheap) they didn't fit well, they didn't really have my size I come to realize later, and were not generally comfortable and didn't last no matter how careful I was in washing them. They stretched out easily. That was one of the reasons I finally went and got fitted and started wearing better made bras and the better comfort and fit were very noticeable. I now wear bras in the $45 to $80 range now. And while I hate to spend that kind of money, with the proper care and rotation, getting a full year out of my bras now is not unusual. My girls are much happier now and as the old saying goes, when mamma's happy, everyone is happy is certainly true in this case.

aboywithgirls

I know the feeling. I don't like thinking about the money that I spend on my bras. However,  at least with most of my bras, I can put one on in the Morning and be comfortable until I take it off at night. I think that the women who complain about having to wear a bra,  are also the ones who spend 10 bucks on it, don't try it on , take it home and wear it without even knowing if they are wearing the right size, let alone the right shape or style for their breasts. I learned quite a while back that having a professional fitting at  reputable fitter is very important to being comfortable. I wear a bra because I'm much more comfortable when the girls are supported. It's not just a "boob cover" . I want my bras to do everything that they are designed to do and look good doing it and keep me comfortable for at least 18 hours. Keeping all that in mind, I don't mind spending the extra money for a good bra.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024