Author Topic: Thoughts on first day of wearing a bra  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
TL; DR : It’s weird but I’m hooked.

Wore my bra for about 8 hours yesterday. I did notice the band was snug and with the side boob contained/moved forward, my arm brushes against it still, but now it’s in a different place. It’s an underwire and fully contains my breasts, gives a little projection  and shape but not super noticeable. It’s surprisingly comfortable. My mid back pain has disappeared! My only complaint, if there is one, is the the gore presses a little too much on my sternum. Is that normal? I know us guys are built different and it should be flat against the chest but what should be expected? Been outside a couple of times wearing it while walking the dogs and haven’t had a face to face yet. Overall I’m at peace with this new stage. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Congratulations on your bra milestone! I’ve only been a regular wearer for a short while myself, and am still getting used to it, but yes, I was surprised at how ‘right’ it felt. The initial idea of wearing a bra seemed a little odd, but when I did the physical sensation was just one of comfort, I found.

Interesting that you also noticed the effect on the side boob problem and also on your back pain. This has been my experience, too. I feel that the bra helped resolve a number of minor problems and irritations that I had not even attributed to my breast growth.

All in all, I’m sold on it too. Still a little apprehensive that someone is going to spot my bra and comment, though rationally I think that is very, very unlikely to happen. Most of the long-term bra users here Are not fazed by a little projection and seem to go though life with no worries at all. Good luck with your own journey, and I wish you much comfort and support!

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
So, yesterday was my first big day out wearing my bra. We went to several stores, talked to sales associates, and made a couple of purchases. I’m not a small guy, 5’11.5” and 225 but I’m not small in the chest either, at 42D that’s a significant amount to try to hide.
It went very well! I wore one of my normal heavy duty tee shirts. With the bra on I do project out a little more and my shirt drapes out a bit but not much. My wife said she never noticed the bra hardware and she thought I looked “normal’. I on the other hand, every time I walked by a mirror in those shops I could see my breasts lifted and shaped a bit. People, for the most part, do not see what they don’t expect to see. I think I was made once by a couple in a burger joint when I went and got dinner,  after getting home we were too tired to cook. I was standing in line and backlighted. The guy was facing me I guess and said something to the woman because she turned her head to glance my way. As I was leaving I had to pass in front of her and she gave me the biggest smile. Still not sure on how to process that.
Thank you all again for all your support on this journey.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I totally get the fear of being discovered.  And like you, I look in the mirror while wearing a bra and think it's the most obvious thing in the world.  That said, No one has confronted me about it, and if anyone has noticed by breasts or bra, they made no indication that I picked up on.  Yet, I"m still paranoid as hell about being found out.

Offline Johndoe1

Traveler, a smile from a woman is a good thing. Yes, she made you, but also saw the reason. The smile is a a silent show of solidarity from one bra wearer to another. Translated, you passed and are woman approved. Welcome to the club!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
I've had many positive comments from women and sometimes explain why. Many agrees or admits that they like wearing a bra for comfort or support. Some also thinks it's cool seeing a guy wearing a bra for its intended purpose. 

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I wore my first bra out of the store after the fitting.  I’m a 42C and I know what you mean when you walk by a store front window.   You see your silhouette and see boobs sticking out, but don’t think that anyone notices or cares.  No one has said anything to me and honestly, I don’t care.   My comfort , support and love from family and friends are more important to me. Be proud of your breasts and take care of them.

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I am still trying to shake those nagging fears about getting spotted wearing a bra. It is completely illogical I know. For a start, it is highly unlikely that anyone will notice, and even if they did, nobody cares. But it is still there in the back of my mind when I walk out the door.

This morning, however, it felt different. I put on a nice underwire bra that I haven’t tried for a couple of months (I never liked how loose the cups felt, but for some mysterious reason, having ignored it for a while, I now seem to fill the cups very nicely...) I caught my reflection while dressing, and the guy in the mirror just looked right in his well-fitting bra. There was some projection, but it was subtle and nicely shaped and didn’t seem odd at all.

I set off for a walk and for the first time ever, everything just felt right. I was not feeling self-conscious. I didn’t bother to check how I looked in windows. I finally felt that a bra was completely appropriate for my body. My breasts felt really comfortable and secure. There was no jiggling. It didn’t feel like my nipples were getting sandpapered. I finally felt at home in my bra and out on the streets.

I have no wish to get identified as a bra-wearing man, but I’m beginning to think that if I am, then so be it - that is somebody else’s problem and not mine.

Offline jlab

Enjoy your bra wearing.
It's just a garment, but you can feel better by experimenting with different possibilities in styles, fabrics, prints and colors.
I really like lace and satin and my favorite bra colors are black, white and pink.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It was interesting (and liberating) but probably going to be a rare thing for awhile. When I’m out and about for the most part I’ll stick to the compression tees and save the bra for around the house (wearing it now) and maybe trips through the drive thrus. Two steps forward, one step back. It’s taken 50 years to even get into a bra. Hopefully it won’t take that long to get more comfortable with it.
Thank you all for your support! Don’t think I’d have gotten even this far without you.

bikerbob

The first trip to Home Depot or the grocery store is terrifying but eventually you realize nobody is looking at you.  I think I have only been busted once when I was wearing a Coobie with thick edging on the shoulder straps and a couple of guys at a car club meeting made it a point to pat me on the shoulder.  I have caught a couple of women and a 12 year old girl staring at my chest but I think it was the breasts they saw and not the bra.  It is kind of an eye opener to go to a restaurant and realize you have bigger breasts than 2 of the 3 waitresses.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
It is kind of an eye opener to go to a restaurant and realize you have bigger breasts than 2 of the 3 waitresses.
Funny you should say that. I do find I’m trying to guess my size compared to other women now. I’m also gauging the size of men’s I see wandering around. Haven’t seen any my size yet. Guess I’m trying to feel more normal? Still working on my journey though. I’m too big now to go without something on, they start to ache if I go too long without support. My wife doesn’t think it’s very manly for me to wear a bra, but even she says my chest looks better with one on. Every days an adventure.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
I find myself doing the same thing.  Back in grade and high school, my breasts were bigger than 80% of the girls anyways.  Even at work, which it predominantly female, the percentages are about the same. 

I feel that when someone is looking straight at me, they see breasts but not how big.  The side profile makes the breasts looking bigger.  At this point, I don’t care.  I can’t hide 42C breasts, but just give them the support they need.  I’ve been wearing a bra daily for almost 10 months and it’s just a regular part of getting dressed in the morning.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 08:29:38 AM by curiousk »

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Little update to this thread. I’m getting pretty comfortable wearing a bra. I wear one every day now. I get up, make coffee and put on a bra. I don’t know how I’ve managed this long without one. Still wear a compression tee at work but when I get home on goes the bra. My wife is getting her head around it too, while at Walmart yesterday she showed me an underwire cami she thought might work for me! I didn’t know how to react. At first I was confused and then asked if i thought it would fit me, wow! I love the minimizer bras, comfort, corralling and a little compression. I do feel more put together without them flopping around. Thanks for your “support”. 😁

Offline taxmapper

Having worn one for a few months, at first I pulled the pads out of the bra to prevent an overt showing of breast shape. 
Then the nipps started to get badly irritated and I stopped wearing for about 1-1/2 months.  
Now I just simply put them on with a loose shirt. It doesn’t notice very much (at least for now), and those who have noticed really haven’t made too much of it. 
The real crux is comfort. The padding rounds them out and keeps the nipps from showing and becoming irritated.  
Because mine are going to grow for some time to come they will become even more obvious.  

Was even admonished a few weeks back when NOT wearing one, the boobs popped out and showed like a teenage girl at a frat party. Was even told by that person that it was kind of disgusting that my breasts were popping out and obvious and that a padded bra would at least make them less protruding and obvious. 

So don't concern yourself too much about how they look per se, worry more about YOUR comfort and let them deal with it. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024