Author Topic: Questions Why Bras Are As They Are  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Johndoe1

Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
Thanks for that, John - a great explanation of the complete insanity of bra sizing, and it backs up pretty much everything you have said here on the subject. The figure of 80% of bras being the wrong size for the wearers is mind-boggling.

If only the manufacturers would come up with a rational sizing system then perhaps women would not be helpfully suggesting the wrong size for our bras!

Offline Johndoe1

I like that she finally explains where the plus 5 system came from. That now makes sense and why it is now totally out of date but people still blindly using with the results we see today in 80% of bra wearers. My wife watched it and I could tell she was finally getting why her bras don't fit as well as they should. I think I see a bra haul coming very soon for her.

gmast

It is interesting about where the plus 5 came from, but that does not means it is out of date.  Change the sizing system, and you will have similar problems.  I seem to be able to find jeans that fit in a size 34 waist even though my waist measures 38 inches.   Why? I don't measure my waist to figure out what size I need to wear, I try on pants to find out what size fits.  The number is only useful in figuring out what size to grab for a different brand or style as a starting point.  The length number is similar.  Seems like when the waist gets bigger, I wear a shorter inseem.  Yet I don't think that getting fat makes my legs shorter.  That is just how the system work.

The comment out the underwire seemed spot on.  It never made sense to me that a wire up could lying against the chest would provide more support, but rather provide a base for the shape of the cup.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Do bras shrink in the wash? I’m careful washing them and hang dry. It’s only been two months wearing them in rotation but either I’m fitting in them better or have grown a little bit.

Offline blad

Do bras shrink in the wash? I’m careful washing them and hang dry. It’s only been two months wearing them in rotation but either I’m fitting in them better or have grown a little bit.
Over time bras tend to stretch out a bit. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024