Author Topic: Re: Question about Compression?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I would always recommend compression. I just had a "excision-only" revision and my surgeon told me to wear a compression vest 24/7 for 1 month, and then 12 hrs/day for 2 weeks following that.

Realistically, it depends upon how you feel. I just took a bumpy car ride without my vest on and it HURT.

Compression is never a bad idea for post op care for gyne.

$200 is a bit much. Log on to www.underworks.com and buy the model #990 garment for post op use. Just make sure to size it up correctly.

I know that "MakeMeHeal" is advertised on this site, but they SCREWED ME when I placed an order for them. I ended up going to www.underworks.com and they took care of me properly.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Cant do Underworks takes to long to ship and surgery is on tuesday. Does compression affect your end results?

Also how old are you?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I ordered Underworks vests last week and had them THE NEXT DAY.

If you order them today (Sunday) and pay for overnight shipping ($18 for me) then you will have them tomorrow morning sometime.

What time is your op? You shouldn't have waited to the last minute :(

The compression holds your chest together post op allowing all of the tissue to re-attach itself properly. It will speed up your healing and ensure you have minimal "sag," if any.

Plus, it will make you much more comfortable post op. If you don't use any compression, you're going to be walking around on your tippy toes so as not to make your chest bounce at all while you walk. It will hurt whenever you walk or move if you don't have compression. The compression allows you to function normally, for the most part, after surgery.

I'm 30.

Offline notanymore

• Posting Member
ace bandage works just as well...only need it for a coupe of weeks....

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

Can I start wearing that the day after surgery? I will of corse discuss this with my doctor.

Offline notanymore

• Posting Member
Yeah man.....I used two, just to be sure I had good coverage/compression.......they kinda like to slide down a lil bit, so you sometimes gotta use tape if youre mobile....

Caution:tape tore my skin off

Solution:put on an undershirt, then apply the bandage and tape to the shirt if necessary...

Much luck

Offline BPD

• Posting Member
I had to buy my own vest.  It was the Romeo model from Medicalz (they have a website).  It only set me back $30.  I only had a mild case.  I'm pretty sure that more serious cases may need something else.  I can't see having to pay $200 though, that seems very steep.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free

The ace bandage may "work," but I wouldn't say just as well.

The compression vest will give you a freedom, compression, and mobility that you won't get from wrapping an ace bandage around your chest. The chest isn't like your wrist. I can foresee the need for constant adjustment/readjustment of your ace bandage throughout the day.

A good 990 vest from Underworks will allow you to go throughout your days without it even being on your mind. But, if you want to save $5 that might be the decision for you.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Yeah man.....I used two, just to be sure I had good coverage/compression.......they kinda like to slide down a lil bit, so you sometimes gotta use tape if youre mobile....

Caution:tape tore my skin off

Solution:put on an undershirt, then apply the bandage and tape to the shirt if necessary...

Much luck

That's what I'm talking about. Just by a vest for $20 from Underworks and you won't have to mess with the bandage sliding down, taping it to your skin, or other monkeying tactics to get something not designed for chest compression to compress your chest.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
STILLgotIT, do you work for Underworks?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
STILLgotIT, do you work for Underworks?

Funny... no, I don't. As a matter of fact, I just placed 2 orders with them and had to send them back because they didn't fit the way that I liked.
I didn't have this problem the first time around so I'm kind of pissed at them right now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024