Author Topic: Side effects tablets  (Read 2797 times)

Offline coolguy12

• Posting Member
Hello,

I have mild Gynecomastia.
I was taking Clonazepam ( Rivotril ) but very little, only half 0.5  mg tablet each week and sometimes more in a week. is that the  reason why i have it?

I was only taking Topiramate ( Topamax ) for about 8 months, a 25  mg tablet everyday.

And I was eating chickens much.

My doctor said that it's probably the clonazepam, or maybe the  chickens and she said that chickens contain estrogen (?)

From my view point, i think it's the Topamax.

Can you please tell me which thing do you think caused me this?
If it's the Topiramate, i believe it would be helpful to be added  to the list on your website.

PS: I did a blood test ( alpha feto protein ) and it was clear.

Thanks very much for your time.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
The best person to ask about the topomax is your doctor. I googled Topomax out of interest and gyno is not shown as a sideeffect.

The problem is you are taking a number of meds which are possibilities and it is difficult to know precisely which one it is. Often times doctors don't know how these meds are causiing gyno as hormone tests sre clear. This happened to me. I was on quetiapine for anxiety which caused the gyno. Hormone tests clear .Also have you gained any weight? as these drugs often tend to make people put weight on around their chest.....

It would also be a mistake to have surgery while on these drugs if it was a probable cause as the gyno could return,the PS I went to see refused to do surgery until I was off the med . There is also a chance if you came off them that the gyno may regress or disappear, without surgery. When I came off quetiapine my gyno regressed a great deal. Maybe you could ask your doctor about that.

Offline coolguy12

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply.

i stopped all the meds, but i am very curious it could have been a cancer or something..

I wasn't taking clonazepam much, just every now and then.
But this topamax is a new medicine, and i was taking it everyday and since the gyneco started! I think it caused it.

Well my doc is saying that this is from the chickens  ;D

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
thanks for the reply.

i stopped all the meds, but i am very curious it could have been a cancer or something..

I wasn't taking clonazepam much, just every now and then.
But this topamax is a new medicine, and i was taking it everyday and since the gyneco started! I think it caused it.

Well my doc is saying that this is from the chickens  ;D

Iam sure the local farmers will love her saying that..... ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024