Author Topic: HYPO IS NOT A DOCTOR OR AN EXPERT  (Read 6526 times)

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
The guy must have no life if he loves Endo's so much. He is not a Doctor-not even close

He can not understand that one or two studies does not make something a medical fact.

He tends to talk over poeples heads which makes me believe that he truly does not understand what he is posting about.

Intellegent people have the ability to effectively communicate comlicated medical studies to the lay person using common every day terminology. Hypo does not do that.

I also think he loves to debate just for the sake of debating.

I have really nothing to offer anyone on this board but I find it a very valuable resource. I just hate seeing members like Hypo use their limited lack of knowledge and shove it down peoples throats. Some people do not have the resources to see all the views of the rest of the medical community.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
You, sir, are a fucking idiot.

Hypo PM'ed me a very helpful, extensive overview of what I need to have tested in my blood, and after consulting with the lab, all the tests he suggested are pretty vital to a thorough blood screening for gynecomastia.  Sure he could have just printed it all off the internet, but that's irrelevant, because the comments he made were all intelligent and accurate.

If you don't agree with him, don't just say that he doesn't know what he's talking about - prove that he's wrong.  Until you do actually contribute something to this board, don't whine.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 04:56:34 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
While hypo is not a doctor, I do think he is somewhat of an expert on the human endocrine system.

He's provided me, and everyone else here, with a lot of helpful information. I don't see what you have against him.

Offline ss14

• Posting Member
"Intellegent people have the ability to effectively communicate comlicated medical studies to the lay person using common every day terminology."

Doctors sure as hell don't.  Neither do most scientists.  That's why we have journalists.  

And I don't know what the hell your problem is, telling a guy who devotes himself to a worthy cause that he has no life.  That's just disgusting.

Also, I do understand what Hypo says when he posts.  Just because it's over your head doesn't mean it's over everyone else's.  If you would actually read what he has to say instead of making fun of him for using big words and medical terms, maybe you would understand his message, too.  

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
shut up pumpseeker u loser, he is well educated and helpful
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While I am not aware of the details, His interest in gynecomastia stems from the fact that it can be a symptom of a much larger problem.  In his case,  I think that was a life threatening cancer, but again, I do not know the details.

This was, and remains, a life and death issue for some men.  Hypo is involved from this perspective and will probably be keenly involved for years to come.

He is not a Doctor, and does not claim to be one.  He is very much an Expert.

Grandpa Dan

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
my problem with HYpo is that does not show both sides of the argument( Propecia is an excellent example)

By the way is any of you guys would like some real answers on hormones you can check out ANABoLICREVIEW.com. The guys on that board know their shit becuase Gynecomastia is a huge problem in bodybuilding.

PS
If any of you guys would like to come see me in person and tell me I am a looser  or an idiot you can meet me at Golds Gym in Daytona beach. I am there normally every night between 6:00 and 7:00PM.

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
Pumpseeker- you sir, are an idiot.

Your last post proves what a twat you are. Gynecomastia is a huge problem in bodybuilding because you take steroids in the 1st place. If you do that and pump estrogen blockers and god knows whatever else into your body expect problems.

Why come to this site and make a post deliberately badmouthing another user? Grow up. We know hypo isn't a doctor, I'm sure he knows a hell of a lot more than you do regarding this subject.

Oh, and your 'ps' is very amusing- Aren't you the hardman! Go play with your dumbells, knucklehead.

Offline Spleen

I love to take the 3 hours to drive to Daytona you call you names, but gosh it's so much easier to do it from my desk.

At any rate, Hypo is under no obligation to tell "both sides of the story" if he feels that there's really just one side to report.  If he doesn't believe there's anything to debate about this drug or that then he has no responsibility to present "both sides".

And gynecomastia is a big problem with bodybuilders because anabolic steroids are a big problem.  It's a secondary issue.  That you think juice is an acceptable "supplement" to use disqualifies you completely IMO as a reasonable person.  

Offline pumpseeker

• Posting Member
Spleen your last statement was the exact reason why Hypo is a threat to this board becuase there is always two sides to every medical journal that is written. Medical facts can not be debated but medical surveys can be debated.

I first started my first debate with Hypo over Propecia which is a very safe drug that has not been proven to give everyone Gynecomastia. Some of the people got it but only a few. The people that got gynecomatia form propecia probably had some form of it before they started taking it. The rest of the 98% of the people are fine.

I bring this up because Hypo has posted numerous times to stay away from propecia. What about people that want to use it. If they listen to Hypo then they would never try it. Or maybe theres a new treatment that might work for Gynecomastia but if one little medical study says it is not safe then Hypo will tell everyone to stay away from it. WE NEED TO HEAR BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY. OVERBEARING POSTERS CAN RUIN THE QUALITY OF A GOOD MESSAGE BAORD

Hey Spleen
Maybe I could drive three hours to see you spleen. Whats your address?

Offline Spleen

I bring this up because Hypo has posted numerous times to stay away from propecia. What about people that want to use it. If they listen to Hypo then they would never try it. Or maybe theres a new treatment that might work for Gynecomastia but if one little medical study says it is not safe then Hypo will tell everyone to stay away from it. WE NEED TO HEAR BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY. OVERBEARING POSTERS CAN RUIN THE QUALITY OF A GOOD MESSAGE BAORD

I guess people can listen to whomever they choose.  Hypo says what he wants to and you're saying what you want to right here and now.  If you want to "win" this argument you're gonna have to do it with good writing and convincing data, not an all-caps frenzy.  Doesn't that qualify as overbearing?  I don't think you're nearly as concerned with what Hypo has to say as much as the fact that people *listen* to what he has to say.  That's a reflection on the audience, not the the poster.

Hey Spleen
Maybe I could drive three hours to see you spleen. Whats your address?

Why?  If it's a love note you wanna send me you can always send me a private message.  I work out at Ultima Gym in West Palm Beach so you're more than welcome to come on down and watch me bend over at Yoga class or Sweat to the Oldies.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Why?  If it's a love note you wanna send me you can always send me a private message.  I work out at Ultima Gym in West Palm Beach so you're more than welcome to come on down and watch me bend over at Yoga class or Sweat to the Oldies.

LOL! This is getting good. I got my money on Spleen.  ;)

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!

LOL! This is getting good. I got my money on Spleen.  ;)

No way, pump's threats to people on the internet are so terrifying!  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 11:52:19 AM by nukem2k5 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I'm a bit old for physical combat, But I considered engaging a couple of people in a contest of wits.

Then I realized it would be ungentlemanly of me to engage in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Someone who uses Hormones (including Steroids) without Competent medical supervision is not the brightest bulb on the string, nor the sharpest tool in the shed..

Offline boobhater22

• Bronze Member
I don't recall reading Hypo (am fairly new to this site), and it does not matter to me what he says. I will assume most of what he says is true, but as with everything online, I will take it wiht a grain of salt. I would also like to remind others that the bottom of each page there appears the following message:

This site gives health advice only as a guideline, and no action should be carried out unless authorised by a doctor. All information on this site comes from non medical people unless otherwise stated. We always recommend consultation with a medical doctor to get the most informed opinion and information.

I would hope people realize they should consult with doctors in person, not doctors or other experts that post to this site--or indeed, any other site on the internet. I at least come away with the impression that everything here should only be taken as a general guideline that may or may not be true.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024