Author Topic: Had a gynecomastia procedure April 2nd, of 2015 now I have internal scar tissue  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Lex2365

I am a 21 year old thatis very scrawny or I guess skinny and on April 2nd,  2015 I underwent a gynecomastia procedure. I had gynecomastia since I was around 12 or 13. I decided to do this procedure because I was tired of always being ashamed of my body and being so skinny and having a very big nipples was a no go.
I was looking for surgeons around the area that did such procedure and that did it at an affordable price. I settled for a surgeon that stated he did gynecomastia procedures but never actually promoted it as a procedure that he did on his website or office. The primary reason I selected the surgeon was because he was quite affordable compared to the rest of the surgeons. He also did not charge a massive fee like the rest of the surgeons just to give me a consultation.The reason I went with this surgeon was because he was more affordable than the rest of the surgeons I inquired with. I did question him on why his price was lower than the rest of the surgeons and it was because he was going to use local anesthesia and he was going to do it at his clinic. The surgeon himself is a high profile surgeon in his office he had his diploma (Harvard) and bunch of articles and magazines where he was featured, his clinic was also located in a very well off area (Southlake,TX). So everything seemed right and  I picked him because of the price and popularity. But here is where I am just scared that I might have jumped the gun too soon with this surgeon, I honestly do not think he knew much about gynecomastia. Here's my situation, post surgery I have developed what I think is internal scar tissue around my nipples. this tissue is much thicker and harder then the glandular tissue that was removed, I feel like the procedure was counter productive. I went to an appointment a week ago and brought it up to his Nurse practitioner she shrugged off as inflammation but I wasn't satisfied with that answer because I don't think inflation feels this hard. I do not think it's glandular tissue left behind because this tissue is just way too hard. I did do research about what the body does after surgery and one is internal scar tissue, which the nurse practitioner never mentioned it nor did the surgeon pre-surgery. Now i am in this predicament where i do not know if this new tissue is going to go away or stay, like what should I do? All I want to know now is if any of the members of this board have or is going through the same situation as myself. Have any of you all seen improvement, what are you all doing to get rid of it, I really do not want have another surgery to have  internal scar tissue removed (that was mentioned in some of the post surgery websites). If anyone has gone through the same let me know through this post it would be much appreciated. Thank You!

hammer

It is way to early to even start thinking about how you are looking!

You need to give yourself much more time to heal! When your body goes through a surgery, you are putting it through hell, so you also need to give it time to heal as well.

I've been through a total of 8 surgeries, 2 knee replacements 3 back (spine) and the rest minor same day type surgeries.

Just as every surgery I've been through hard or same day, you don't recover in a few weeks, even gyne can takes months for total recovery!

Be patient, give your body time and then in 6 months if your not happy, talk to the doctor that did the work first I'm sure something can be worked out, but finish healing first!

Good luck,
Bob

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
fwiw, I'm coming up on 18 weeks and my chest is still changing, scar tissue is subsiding, and even a little deep tissue swelling on the left is still changing. You need to give your body 4-6 months at least to 'deal' with the trauma of the surgery.

hammer

fwiw, I'm coming up on 18 weeks and my chest is still changing, scar tissue is subsiding, and even a little deep tissue swelling on the left is still changing. You need to give your body 4-6 months at least to 'deal' with the trauma of the surgery.

Thanks for posting this! It's a very good example of what to expect.

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
I'm 9 weeks post op today and still have significant swelling that comes and goes depending on my activity level and massaging frequency.  It's often much firmer than my original breast tissue.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024