Author Topic: important Question  (Read 3490 times)

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy
Hey guys, I'm hoping you could help me with this question. First here are my stats, I'm 6'1" and 168 lbs. @ 12% body fat, I gotta 6-pack so that should show how ripped I am. I had glandular excision alone under my nipples about 2 years ago without liposuction, because I thought I only had "puffy nipples", anyways when i feel my nipples now, it seems like all the gland was removed (it used to be hard when i touched it and now there's nothing inside) anyways my nipples still puff out a little but it's mainly because my chest still has alot of fat (when i flex it, i can grab a good amount of fat or whatever it is) my PS recommended liposuction alone, is this enough or do i need another excision considering i already had one? one more question is gland only under the nipples or can it be around the chest area? BTW  i have a very mild case. thanks for ur help guys. i'd deeply appreciate any comments

Offline Miclam

• Posting Member
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that if all you're feeling is fat and your surgeon suggests only lipo, then that's probably all you need.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
The best I can suggest is that you go and see a couple of other plastic surgeons that have a high caseload for male chest reduction procedures.  They will see way more before and after results in the flesh so to speak and their experience should be able to let you know what's going on, what needs to be done (if anything) and what you could expect.

Best wishes.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey guys, I'm hoping you could help me with this question. First here are my stats, I'm 6'1" and 168 lbs. @ 12% body fat, I gotta 6-pack so that should show how ripped I am. I had glandular excision alone under my nipples about 2 years ago without liposuction, because I thought I only had "puffy nipples", anyways when i feel my nipples now, it seems like all the gland was removed (it used to be hard when i touched it and now there's nothing inside) anyways my nipples still puff out a little but it's mainly because my chest still has alot of fat (when i flex it, i can grab a good amount of fat or whatever it is) my PS recommended liposuction alone, is this enough or do i need another excision considering i already had one? one more question is gland only under the nipples or can it be around the chest area? BTW  i have a very mild case. thanks for ur help guys. i'd deeply appreciate any comments

did you have any minimal sort of liposculpting or even fat recontouring in your first surgery ?

did he really just excise gland and close you up?

just curious, cause I had mostly excision (95%) , with just 15-20 cc of lipo to recontour the fat in the are - but now Im convinced that I really needed a fair bit more lipo.

... and the saga continues

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy
All I had was excision for puffy nipples with no liposuction at all because i thought i didn't need it. but im wondering since i alreaYD had excision do i need it again?

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
The gland can be more than just under the nipple.

Indeed.

What sort of price difference does he offere between lipo-only and lipo+excision?  I would get the opinions of a few more PSes in your area.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 11:37:05 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline hertog88

• Bronze Member
  • I'm a bad, bad boy
he doesn't offer excision only Ultrasonic liposuction w/ tumscent lipo.... i talked to another PS just today and he said i don't even have gyno....

Offline nukem2k5

he doesn't offer excision only Ultrasonic liposuction w/ tumscent lipo.... i talked to another PS just today and he said i don't even have gyno....

Keep looking.  I wouldn't get the Ultrasonic surgery.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 01:50:37 PM by nukem2k5 »

Offline nukem2k5

I got Ultrasonic lipo and I believe I had great results.  I think it's fine unless your surgeon relies only on liposuction to remove gland.  I also had glandular excision, and I believe the combination of these two procedures can give quite extraordinary results.

He just said his PS doesn't do gland excision.  Nobody should ever have gyne surgery that does not include direct gland excision.  You won't be happy with lipo-only surgery because it doesn't get the job done.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:42:46 AM by nukem2k5 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024