Author Topic: My story......and Poland - an alternate opinion?  (Read 8634 times)

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
So whats the latest..Any update..
Did you go to Benito or back to Poland?

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
Hi folkes,

I decided to go to my doctor and try for the NHS - but it was Jan that I did this and still there has been no date for even the consultation. I am still considering a Benito visit or similar - just for lack of hassle and some form of speed, compared to the NHS...

I may trawl these pages and see if a new surgeon somewhere in Europe has been found...

Anyone got any new news????

Patx
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
not that im an nhs fan boi, as ive had bad dealings with the nhs in other areas, but it took me 6 months between my doctors appointment and going under the knife. 3 months for the ps to contact me after the referral, 3 months until he could fit me in. The good point there was, i wasnt on a waiting list, he scheduled me in on the day of consultation.
so dont give up on the nhs just yet, if you feel you can afford to wait that is

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
I went for the consultation the other week and they said the NHS are no longer doing gyne ops, unless i believe, it is really severe or problematic - whatever that is

It all seems a grey area if you ask me - either way, I think i am now looking for a private surgeon, but am clueless as to who is proficient anymore.... :(

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Jhonny what happened.  Which Dr did you go to for the revision and what were the second results..?

Offline Johnny Wishbone

• Posting Member
Posting an update has been at the back of my mind for some time, I'm well aware how valuable it is to have updates on old threads (especially when it seems people have been asking!) Sorry.

In a nutshell I didn't go back for revision.  It's been 3.5-4 years since my surgery in Poland with Dr. Baranski....am I happy with the results? Well yes and no.

Rereading my original I feel I was perhaps making excuses for my results.  On reflection the gland incision was performed admirably, especially the scarring which is minimal.  I stated the lipo was too light, perhaps it was, BUT in the Dr's defence if he had have reduced further then I would probably have been out of proportion (think pigeon chest).

In common with many (not all) on here I did and do carry too much body weight/fat.  Sorry, I don't mince words, but I have seen countless photos, before, as well as after,   where weightloss or building muscle would improve the situation dramatically.  In my unprofessional opinion one should seek consultation with as little body fat as possible to give the surgeon a fair crack at doing the best job and the patient getting the best results.

I have been promising myself a 'gym transformation' for years and for whatever reason (laziness) haven't embarked on it.  I KNOW with hard work I can now look better than normal (blessed with height, broad shoulders and reasonable muscles - despite being a couch potato, albeit one who eats healthy), it's me and my excuses which are holding me back. But thats just me, could be a residual lack of confidence thing or just that I dont really seem bothered, what I do know is Baranski did a pretty darn good job of the excision and I've let both teams down by not carrying out my part.

Would I recommend sufferers seek out Baranski as an option - YES, BUT only when you have got your body down to fit and lean.  If you're a bit chubby you will be making the doc's job harder and really only damaging chances of YOUR success.

Sorry if this post seems out of place or blunt, I am in no way saying this is not a legitimate condition which can only be cured by surgery (like so many BS websites/ebooks/fitness articles which suggest a few laps round the block can mysteriously melt gland). Some who read/post here may have pseudo-gynaecomastia (fat only), a darn sure fire way to find out is to jump on a sensible eating/exercise programme, oh yeah and cut down on the beer!  It's all to easy to join in the 'pop a pill' culture and expect, nay demand, results, but surely you only get out what you put in?

In summary Poland is a valid option (mindful my negativity may have scared people off), especially for those on a tighter budget - which thanks to the sheer incompetence of Mr Brown and Mr Darling is likely now the majority.

Nearly forgot, to answer some messages - I cannot stress the importance of compression vests and massaging the scar tissue. Even if your surgeon tells you otherwise. 

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
Thank you for this informative update.  Can you advise what price you paid for the revision, recovery time, swelling update etc.

Also the experience about going to poland and reaching the clinic.  How long you stayed there and just general advice on resting days before you travel and a little more about the place.  Would be very helpful.

Could you also put on here the contact numbers and website.  How many days did you have to wait before you got the surgery date from when you contacted them.  If you have their direct emails, please put them on here.

Thank you buddy.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024