Author Topic: Australian Healthcare System?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline crimsont

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Im an American citizen who will be moving to Australia in a few months time with my family. Im just curious to know about the Australian healthcare system, Ive heard a little bit about Medicare but dont know that much about it, if anyone can shed some light about how the Australian health care system works for Americans?

Specifically, I was wondering about hospital costs? whether it is considered elective surgery? and if any of it might be covered by public health?

Offline BrazenBerry

Your post was some time ago, however I will respond with my thoughts in case you check back or in the hope they may assist another. Before I begin, just note that I have no experience with your any circumstance similar to that mentioned above. I am just providing some ideas from general knowledge and common sense to provide some thought stimulation and general direction.

I think your best bet would be to contact the appropriate government agency (eg. Medicare) to get your queries answered. If you have trouble doing that, you could contact a GP (general practitioner) to get advice as well as get direction to relevant information with regards to your situation.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024