Author Topic: It's time to live!  (Read 2210 times)

Offline neenos

• Posting Member
With out Gynecomastia!!!

I finally had surgery on Friday for my gyne, lovehandles and tummy. Here's my experience:

Waking up from the surgery was rough, I came out the anesthesia hungry like a beast, although I couldn't really eat anything besides crackers cause my stomach wasn't ready yet. I had to sit in the recovery room for a few hours because I was still nauseous. I had to wear these silly stockings that looked like women's pantyhose to keep the blood circulating during surgery, I kept these on as I went home because there was no way I could bend down to get them off. I could barely get my jeans on because of the abdominal binder. I walked out of the hospital still wearing the gown because my shirt wouldn't fit & if it did, it would be soaked with blood.

The first few hours home was rough, I tried eating some chicken soup and threw up because my stomach wasn't 100%. I did manage to hold down some tea which later gave me the strength to eat the soup. Once I got some nutrition I went to bed. It was rough because I couldn't use my chest and I had limited use of my stomach muscles. I had to do a soft back flop onto my bed and wiggle myself underneath my sheets. I got up a few hours later to take some hydrocodone which was prescribed but really didn't do much for the pain even though it was a strong dosage. I got up to walk around a bit to get the blood flowing. Once I ate again I went back to bed.

I hurt bad this morning, my whole chest hurt, getting out of bed was really a task. Not to mention I had to empty the four drains out which were half full. I felt like a helpless baby. I advise anyone who is getting gyne and love handle surgery really have someone to watch them. If I were to trip and fall it would probably take me forever to get up. I would post my post-op photos but I won't have any until I see my PS this week.

Through all the pain so far I'm still glad I got this done!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Congrats and thanks for sharing dude...  :)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024