Author Topic: always hard nipples since surgery done?  (Read 3365 times)

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
any idea what causes this? ever since i got it done, my nipples look smaller which is fine, but the actual tip of my nipple, forget what they call that part, the little ball thing, is more whitish colour than it use to be and it's always hard, it's weird, i mean the surgery looks great but not sure why it's always hard, any ideas and is it fixable?

i don't want to go back to the surgeon and say what i don't like what his work, other than that and flexing (it goes indented a bit when i flex) not sure if that';s enough to complain about

because he did do a real great job and i don't want him to think i'm being mean lol/ don't like it, because i do, it's a million times better

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
When minimal scar gyne surgery is performed, the excess tissues beneath the skin and nipples is removed.  Nothing is done to the nipples themselves.  Predictably after surgery, the diameter of the areola (pigmented skin around the actual nipple) will decrease a bit and the areolar color will darken slightly.  Absolutely nothing happens to the nipple itself -- it does not grow, shrink or change color.

It is common for patients to study their chest in detail after surgery and may see things which may have been present prior to surgery and which surgery was never intended to change.  I suspect that you may have had slightly lighter color on the tips of your nipples prior to surgery -- but simply never noticed them.  Check your surgeon's pre-op photos to see if that is the case

As for the constant firmness (erection) of your nipples post op, I would anticipate they will settle down in time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024