Author Topic: pain 4 weeks post op  (Read 8996 times)

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
it seems this board gets more action than the surgery board where i posted earlier.  I'm 4 weeks post op with lipo only.  Flat as a board but I still have pain behind both nipples.  I used to have pain in the entire breast but now just behind nipples.  It is still very sore to the touch. Has anyone had pain at 4 weeks? What are your thoughts? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
With lipo you will have pain for quite some time. My first surgery was lipo only and I had pain for atleast 5 weeks
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
that's reassuring to hear.  I had alot more pain than i thought i would.  It hurt like a mother. I thought it would be over by now since I was told I could work out at 4 weeks.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
ya lipo hurt like a bitc h

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Yeah the nipple pain takes a long time to go away.  My nipples haven't even regained any real feeling yet and I'm over a year post-op from excision / lipo.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
it is almost 5 weeks and still painful.  it hurts the entire breast if something just rubs against it.  Sheets or a shirt for instance.  Jump in with opinions.  Seeing the doctor next week

Offline monty

• Posting Member
2.5 weeks and and still pretty numb. Can't tell if the surgery or the vest is causing the burning around my chest.but when I take off the vest sometimes I fell some minor pain i guess as a result of a blood rush(look at me Ma I'm a doctor). But right now I'm rock hard and dead numb. Somebody said one year out and still no feeling?

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
took off the  vest yesterday for good.  It still hurts but not the constant rubbing of the vest.  Hopefully in a few weeks the pain won't be so bad.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
At six weeks the pain is finally subsided.  It is only sore if I press around the nipple area.  The way it is going, I probably will be pain free in about 2 weeks.  I guess lipo is more painful than excision or I have a low tolerance for pain, or both.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
At six weeks the pain is finally subsided.  It is only sore if I press around the nipple area.  The way it is going, I probably will be pain free in about 2 weeks.  I guess lipo is more painful than excision or I have a low tolerance for pain, or both.

lipo sucked

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I am sore, but not that mad.  3 days out now.  When do you guys think I will be able to hold my 3 year old son? BTW.. When you first woke up from lipo, did you think you were in the worst pain of your life?  I thought I was going to die.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I had local so I was only sleepy.  Since I had tumescent lipo it really didn't hurt until the next day.  You should be able to hold your son as soon as it is comfortable to do so.  I was helping my kids with sport stuff soon afterwards but I only did what felt comfortable.  At six weeks I still am not ready to golf.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I had local so I was only sleepy.  Since I had tumescent lipo it really didn't hurt until the next day.  You should be able to hold your son as soon as it is comfortable to do so.  I was helping my kids with sport stuff soon afterwards but I only did what felt comfortable.  At six weeks I still am not ready to golf.

How was it with local?  My PS told me that it would have been rough on me with just local.  I tried to get himto do twilight and he wouldn't. I had my gut and love handles done too, so that may have added to his reason to put me under.

Offline who123

• Posting Member
I am sore, but not that mad.  3 days out now.  When do you guys think I will be able to hold my 3 year old son? BTW.. When you first woke up from lipo, did you think you were in the worst pain of your life?  I thought I was going to die.

When I woke up after my sugery, I felt pain, like a buring sensation. I told my nurse, and she increased my pain killer dose through the IV. After that I was cool, and has been almost 5 weeks post opt.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member

When I woke up after my sugery, I felt pain, like a buring sensation. I told my nurse, and she increased my pain killer dose through the IV. After that I was cool, and has been almost 5 weeks post opt.

How are your results? Can you take your shirt off in public? Golf? Workout?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024