Author Topic: Ramble about my inner glow.  (Read 891 times)

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I didn't know where to put this, so I started another new thread. Just wanted to write down something that I've felt about this forum lately, IDK, over the past few weeks or maybe since the start of the year?

We keep revealing more and more about ourselves, not just photos but personal anecdotes too, as well as comparing notes, etc. I have never felt closer to this community as what I do right now, not just because of how sweet it all is, but the glow inside of me that I constantly feel by interacting here. I always struggle to find the perfect words to describe my feelings and sometimes think that I stuff it up by not using the right words, so I hope what I'm about to say makes sense. 

To me, this forum, lately, has been dreamy

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I think it's nice that we all can talk about how we feel without judgement.  Every one is at a different place or mindset and also at varying stages of accepting our shapes and how to dress and present to the world around us.  It's great to discuss it all.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I agree completely.  Yes, it has taken some time to expand this conversation.  There is so much more at play than the simple fact breasts have developed on our chest.  We've needed to have a conversation about how estrogen works in the body as well as how best to accommodate breasts when clothes designed for men assume a flat chest and narrow hips.  We have finally come to appreciate that what is happening in our minds and with our emotions is as important as the tenderness of our nipples or our appreciation of curves developing in our bodies.  Doubtless, this conversation has made it easier for some men to speak about their experiences... like using polish on nails, or wearing pantyhose or other garments marketed for women.  There is nothing kinky about any of this... even though a bit of kink is welcome in everyone's life.

I know what happens here has had an impact on my own attitude.  I am much more accepting of the very real breasts that fill the cups of the lace brassiere I'm wearing at the moment.  I even had to take a photo this morning, but I'll share that on the Photos forum.  The rest of the world may not understand what we share here, but that doesn't make us wrong or bad.  This is the only life I'm going to have.  I don't want to spend it shaming myself for something that is completely beyond my control.  Being different can be challenging but acceptance is the lubricant that allows us to keep moving.  My breasts are delicious and I don't mind saying so... at least on this website...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 12:05:32 PM by 42CSurprise! »

Offline Busty

I agree this forum is welcoming, accepting, and non-judgmental now.  It has not always been that way.  Given my lifelong experiences and my own reactions, I find I shut down very quickly when those around me, including here, are not open minded and supportive.

As a young teen, when my breasts were budding, I was first oblivious, then in denial, then embarrassed and ashamed.  The teasing and groping contributed to my negative feelings.

When I first tried on a bra, and filled the cups, felt the gentle hug of support and no more provocative jiggling and saw I was no longer suggestively poking through my tops and my shape was naturally and, yes, attractively, uplifted and rounded, for the first time, I had positive feeling about my breasts.  It seemed a little conflicting and confusing that I was feeling good about being in a bra, when I only first tried it because so many, including my mother, had teased or joked I needed to wear a bra.

They were all right!  I did need to wear a bra.  And I liked it.  I, especially liked that my mother was right, as I had overheard her laughingly speculate we were the same bra size.  And her bras did fit me like they were made for me.

Throughout high school, I would revel in privately wearing a bra.  After a while, my mother became encouraging about me wearing a bra in private.  After first unknowingly sharing her bras with me, then showing me her bra collection, teaching me about the different styles, and suggesting I wear her bras, so i would learn what I wanted for my own bra collection.  She even joked, that at the rate my breasts had grown already, I would soon be spilling out of the cups of her bras. She made it sound like a good thing.

My mother also was cognizant of the challenges and risks of openly wearing my bras, such as to school, and worked with me on the best ways to conceal and camouflage, including too-tight thicker undershirts, layers, darker, thicker, patterned tops.  So I had this split personality of in private openly enjoying and feeling good about my breasts and bras and in  public being embarrassed and trying to conceal.

That conflict and confusion would play out, in various forms, for much of my life

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
I agree completely.  Yes, it has taken some time to expand this conversation.  There is so much more at play that the simple fact breasts have developed on our chest.  We've needed to have a conversation about how estrogen works in the body as well as how best to accommodate breasts when clothes designed for men assume a flat chest and narrow hips.  We have finally come to appreciate that when is happening in our minds and with our emotions is as important than the tenderness of our nipples or out appreciation of curves developing in our bodies.  Doubtless, this conversation has made it easier for some men to speak about their experiences... like using polish on nails, or wearing pantyhose or other garments marketed for women.  There is nothing kinky about any of this... even though a bit of kink is welcome in everyone's life.

I know what happens here has had an impact on my own attitude.  I am much more accepting of the very real breasts that fill the cups of the lace brassiere I'm wearing at the moment.  I even had to take a photo this morning, but I'll share that on the Photos forum.  The rest of the world may not understand what we share here, but that doesn't make us wrong or bad.  This is the only life I'm going to have.  I don't want to spend shaming myself for something that is completely beyond my control.  Being different can be challenging but acceptance is the lubricant that allows us to keep moving.  My breasts are delicious and I don't mind saying so... at least on this website...
I feel there are people that do things the the word Kinky would apply.  For us here I would have to say there is science behind how we act, dress, think etc.  Kinky...no  Individuality....yes.

There is no room or place for shaming.  By ones self toward self or to others for their views or actions.  

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Busty,

I'm so glad you had the support of your mother.  It's hard to drown out the noise, pressure and actions of the world around us.  Your bigger than that.  Showing others around us, letting them see us for who we are is always the best way for them to see  and accept our bodily shape and then loose sight of that and only see our true self's.
Sounds like your dealing with it better and better.

Offline taxmapper

Talk about color changes... 

I was solidly a "earth colors" guy mostly because I felt it was what I was suppose to be. 

Now I am including purple in everything I do.. 

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Purple and Orange are two I really like.  Then pastels... make me feel calm and relaxed.  love those colors.

Offline Busty

Busty,

I'm so glad you had the support of your mother.  It's hard to drown out the noise, pressure and actions of the world around us.  Your bigger than that.  Showing others around us, letting them see us for who we are is always the best way for them to see  and accept our bodily shape and then loose sight of that and only see our true self's.
Sounds like your dealing with it better and better.
Thank you.  I have had my ups and downs.

I did get bigger, as my mother predicted, but not in the way she predicted.  My cup size (until lately ha ha) stayed the same as hers, but my band size got bigger reaching 38, my current.  Essentially, my chest expanded, but my breasts did not grow, so it became easier to conceal.  Although I had the same need for support, uplift, shaping and nipple concealment (or maybe some of that was want), I stopped wearing bras. 

I still concealed the old way, but also added in gynecomastia vests (quickly stopped that, too uncomfortable) and men's shapewear, like Spanx, which I found a bit more comfortable than gynecomastia vests which were comfortable enough to wear for limited durations.

A bit of a digression.  In another post, I mentioned a sales associate showing me shapewear after assisting me buying a couple bras.  She showed me Spanx and asked if I was familiar with them.  I said, yes.  She asked which styles?  I said men's shaper vests.  She got this funny look, and said, oh no, that would never do.  Instead, she showed me an open bust shaper and said try it on with your own bra.  I did, and we both loved it on me.  She said see how much it slims your midsection, and brought me a thin, tight fitted top to try on so I could check my "figure."

But it had taken me a couple decades of body issues, hiding and camouflaging, and the growth spurt of the past 5-10 years to get to where I now openly and comfortably shop for bras like any woman would.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:26:56 PM by Busty »

Offline Parity

• Silver Member

I still concealed the old way, but also added in gynecomastia vests (quickly stopped that, too uncomfortable) and men's shapewear, like Spanx, which I found a bit more comfortable than gynecomastia vests which were comfortable enough to wear for limited durations.

A bit of a digression.  In another post, I mentioned a sales associate showing me shapewears after assisting me buying a couple bras.  She showed me Spanx and asked if I was familiar with them.  I said, yes.  She asked which styles?  I said men's shaper vests.  She got this funny look, and said, oh no, that would never do.  Instead, she showed me an open bust shaper and said try it on with your own bra.  I did, and we both loved it on me.  She said see how much it slims your midsection, and brought me thin, tight fitted top to try on so I could check my "figure."

But it took me a couple decades of body issues, hiding and camouflaging, and the growth spurt of the past 5-10 years to get to where I now openly and comfortably shop for bras like any woman would.
I too have tried different styles.  I have tried the mens Spanks, with and without a bra on.  I just didn't like the feel after a while.  I haven't ever tried the open bust one where you wear your own bra.  I guess I was a bit afraid of how I think I might look.  Not sure I'm there yet.  For public that is.  

Offline Busty

Parity, I get it completely.  When I put that thin light pink tightly fitted lycra top on over my bra and open bust torso, my breasts looked shockingly big and prominent over my noticeably trimmed waist. The sales associate gave a little clap and a pleased-with-herself yippee.  She then explained the mechanics.  The shaper actually pushes things up from your torso and your side boob in, while it slims your midsection.  She said we were seeing the combination of these  things.

I liked it, but knew I could not go out that way.

Offline 42CSurprise!

I liked it, but knew I could not go out that way.
Ain't that the truth!  I may be thrilled by how voluptuous my breasts look but that is not something I'll be announcing to the world.  That is another reason why this site is important for all of us.  Here was can say we like our bodies exactly as they are, and we can even, at times, show off a little bit.  I've got an exhibitionist in my being but I'll only go so far.  I'm not looking for trouble.  I've had a bit more risque conversations privately.  I'm glad that feature is available here...

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
❤️

I know that most of the stuff written here is similar to what we've all discussed at some point in other threads, but it is hard to get tired of it. This feeling that we feel, through self-acceptance and expressing ourselves the way we do, is a beautiful thing. I still can't define that feeling adequately I think, but I know that it is one reason why I do continually glow inside. I'm pretty sure y'all know what I mean.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Evolver, I know what you mean.  At times I feel, oh my word we talked about this so I don't want to sign in and participate, but it does me good to talk about it.  I also know, sometimes its just good to be here for someone else.  And I like that part also. I like to hear how you all feel about it in that moment.  I think having talked about it doesn't mean I'm done discussing it.  The pressures of daily life are always there and its good to have a place with friends that care and understand.  I can get off my chest what is concerning my chest.  :)

Online Sophie

• Silver Member
Parity,

I know, right!!?? You are sooooo right. We do cover alot of the same things with a little different view. This ties directly into a point that I'd like to make.

Most of the time the ladies in my office will do lunch together. We will either bring our own individual lunches in, one of us will make a large salad or casserole to share or we'll go out for lunch together. We are a very tight knit group. 

When the conversation begins between us at lunch or out for drinks, it seems like it's something new for one of us but old for the other girls. No matter, we always listen and interject our own thoughts and experiences or we just sit and listen and learn.

I don't want to offend anyone here, but what we do here IS very similar to girl talk. I sincerely mean that as a compliment and a testament to how comfortable we are discussing our body issues and sharing solutions and experiences. 

♥️Sophie♥️

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024