Author Topic: 10 Days Post Op - Can I Cycle For 30 Minutes??  (Read 4334 times)

GynO_DuDe

Im actually DYING to go to the gym just so I can cycle for 30-45 minutes a day just so I know im getting a bit of exercise done as I can't stand not going any more ...

Would that be okay do you think??? I feel fine BUT obviously still bruised in areas, BUT im sure 30 mins cycling wouldnt stress the chest but it would make me sweat though.

And when I did go to cycle, I would remove my compression vest for about an hour n a bit in total everyday.

Whats your opinions on this???
Seriously considering it.

Offline Journey

Yep ! I know exactly how you feel.
 I am also 10 days post op and yesterday decided  to take a bike ride of about 45mins.I took off my compression vest which is at present been the biggest problem so far with regards to surgery and replaced it with a tight fitting O Neil rash vest.This was such a relief and actually felt more stable and comfortable than the prescribed C/V.

Any how...I took a good blast on my MB taking in my medium circuit with good flat tracks which involves 2 heavy uphill climbs and really gets the heart and legs working.To make it more interesting I knew I would not be able to stand on the pedals or pull on the handlebars when hill climbing ,but this is just perfect as I feel this will discipline me  later on.

Having returned from my bike ride I felt elated and had no pains or swelling.Took a shower and washed my O Neil top ready for use again the next morning.I intend to continue with this practice for the next week and then build up distance as each week goes by.

Gyno.....Thats my experience so far as regards as cycling.However you need asess how your own condition feels as regards to doing this.If you feel really good I can't recommend enough the importance of getting out cycling in the open fresh air if it's available to you as the feeling for me after my run yesterday was awsome & maked a huge change from hospitals ,home and indoors generaly.......Good luck mate.

GynO_DuDe

EXCELLENT, thats all I was after, re-assurance that others have started excercising ... because as I said, I feel comfortable enough, I mean, im definitely not going to stress my chest or arms in any way, I just want to be able to cycle everyday just so I know im excercising and not lazing about as I used to go to the gym 4-5 days a week before I had my op.

And your on about a RASH vest??? Whats that, sounded ideal for me ... I had the nastiest blisters when I removed the bandages I was in after my op with Levick. I dont think i'll need any rash vest or anything now as ive managed to get it down to just scabs so all the rash/blisters etc have just turned in to scabs ... they get a bit itchy but I can handle it, I just put vaseline on, I personally think everything will fully clear by the end of this week touchwood.

But yeah ... thanks for the reply, im definitely going to go my gym then just for cycling so I can sweat a bit everyday and get my heart pumping.

Offline Journey

The Rash vests are tight fitting spandex/nylon tops which water sports enthusiasts wear and can be purchased at surf/wetsuit outlets.I think Aldi sell them too.But the a heavier quality vest by O Neil are perfect for our condition.Just make sure you wash them reguarly as the sweat clings more to them as opposed to cotton.

check out on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONEIL-OZONE-TECH-SURF-UV-RASH-VEST-SIZE-MEDIUM_W0QQitemZ120154707871QQihZ002QQcategoryZ22712QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

GynO_DuDe

Cheers fella, their not too expensive then, might as well order one.

Offline gettingrid

• Bronze Member
I started the bike at exactly 10 days post op and then added the treadmill at 14 days post op. at 17 days I started the weight machines for the lower body (leg curls etc) and due to lack of other lower body machines those inner outer thigh machines that women love to use. I guessed this would be the only time I would actually get around to using them :). I would love to get back to the hammer crunch thing for the abs but it puts pressure on the pecs. At wk 4 I started bicep curls sitting down with slow movements to avoid straining the chest. I think it will definitely be end of wk 6 before I am back to pre op strength.

The healing has progressing decently with this routine. Its my 5th week now

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024