Author Topic: NHS  (Read 1624 times)

Offline flyingwolf16

• Posting Member
NHS
Well after a consultation with a dr who stampeded into the room and at the top of his voice stated "so u think u have big boobs", i was told that i was completely natural and there was no problem there. However the fact that i feel the need to tape my nipples flat makes me think the contrary, my GP told me i had minor gyne and referred me. The dr i saw didnt have the time of day for me and said that he sees a 21 yr old like me everty 2 weeks (pompous ****). I have lost all faith in the NHS and realise that they dnt see gyne as a medical problem but a mental one. That reminds me, he said he thought it was all in my mind and referred me to a psychologist :/,   any one else had bad experiences with the NHS in relation to gyne? Being a university student i find it very difficult to raise the 4000 ish i would need to get the op done privately.  Its causing me terrible social issues and ive even had to turn girls down on dates because of the fear of having to take my top off in future. Any suggestions or advice please guys?
Thanx
Rob

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have lost all faith in the NHS and realise that they dnt see gyne as a medical problem but a mental one.

Well actually it is a mental issue dude... Gynecomastia does not harm you 'medically/phisically'. Rather, your psychological make-up is being subjected to a great deal of undue stress and anxiety.

99.9% of the problem lies within your own mind my man!

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
I live in the UK also, and believe me, i know EXACTLY what you mean.

Are you saying that the NHS is unwilling to do ANYTHING at all about those of us with gynecomastia who have little or no money?? What a bunch of shits

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024