Author Topic: Booked an appt. with Fielding  (Read 17526 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
My appointment with Fielding is tommorow. It cost me six hundred bucks to fly across the country just to have this guy squeeze my boob and say "ok". I have to leave my house at 4 am for a flight without letting any of my 4 roomates know I'm flying to Toronto and back in the same day, because I can't afford a vacation! I am maxing out two credit cards for this. I'm bummed as well that I didn't dicover this sooner, cause now summers here and it's t-shirt days. I hope my friends don't notice. What do I tell them when I come back all bandaged and sore? What do I say when they all want to go to the beach and I can't because I'm healng? Hmm.

Oh yeah, my case is mild and I've never had a problem finding girlfriends. I did have a few of them tease me a little bit about my moobs. THing is, I haven't had a gfriend in over a year. I have turned away or ignored so many girls that have hit on me because I'm scared I will get close to one and then she will know when I come back from my op what I did. And then she might tell people.

I can't wait till this is over!!!

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Hey Zardoz,

Don't feel bummed at all.  Just think that you're doing the right thing by getting the operation and what you're life will be like after.  As for this summer, you may not be able to expose your chest but from what I've read but, you may be able to wear the tight t-shirts.  I won't fully know for sure until after my surgery.  My appointment is still set for May 2nd and then I will take the earliest appointment I can for the surgery.  I will still be calling in every week to see if I can get an earlier time.

I do share the same thinking that I don't want anyone knowing that I'm having anything done.  You're worried about a few roommates. Try keeping it a secret with a live in girlfriend.  Plus, I have a 2 year old son who's going to want to be picked up every 10 minutes.  My lie is a freak gym accident. I wish I had the surgery at the beginning of the year.

I was worried about money for the surgery as well.   I was able to get the money through my insurance company (Clarica).  It's a policy I've been paying into for the past 7 years and apparently I can take money out that I've already paid into it.  I didn't know I could do this.  I found this out because my insurance rep. got promoted and a new one had to be assigned to me.  He told me what my insurance coverage offered me.  Within a week, I received a cheque for $2000.  I was able to get out of overdraft as well.

I still don't know how much my surgery is going to cost but I feel confident I have enough to cover just given from what I've read from this forum.  

Check in with you guys later.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Wow, from your gfriend? She'll probably figure it out when you rip your shirt off during a screw, hehe. By then it won't matter what you "Did".
You say, "Don't worry about it baby, aww yeah."

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Bambu,

If you don't mind me asking you a personal question; what do you do for a living?  I only ask you because I'll be taking the Wednesday (surgery day) off, and the Thursday and Friday.  I'll also have all weekend to heal.  I want  to get back to work on the Monday.  I work at a desk all day so there's not much physical activity.  

I noticed in your journal that you took a few weeks off.  Is it because your job is physical?  Do you think it's possible for me to get back to work on the Monday?  Will I also be able to drive to work on the Monday?  Plus, the compression vest you bought, I think you said you bought it in Brampton for $60.  Where about in Brampton?  Also, is it noticeable if I'm wearing a polo shirt or dress shirt for work?  

Thanks.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
went looking at Walmart for that vest, no luck..i think it's more of an easy to use tensor than a vest...

it's not as readily available as i thought....i think Bambu told me in another thread where he bought it, i'll try finding it unless he answers first...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 01:23:54 PM by toronto »

Offline FB

• Silver Member
I also had the surgery on a wednesday with Fielding, I took the Thursday and Friday off as well and went back to work on Monday - no problemo.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Bambu,

If you don't mind me asking you a personal question; what do you do for a living?  I only ask you because I'll be taking the Wednesday (surgery day) off, and the Thursday and Friday.  I'll also have all weekend to heal.  I want  to get back to work on the Monday.  I work at a desk all day so there's not much physical activity.  

I noticed in your journal that you took a few weeks off.  Is it because your job is physical?  Do you think it's possible for me to get back to work on the Monday?  Will I also be able to drive to work on the Monday?  Plus, the compression vest you bought, I think you said you bought it in Brampton for $60.  Where about in Brampton?  Also, is it noticeable if I'm wearing a polo shirt or dress shirt for work?  

Thanks.

My trade is Flexographic Printing. At times I have to do heavy lifting. It is a fairly physical job and I did not want to hinder the healing, so I took two weeks LOA. Had to use two weeks of my 2005 holidays >:( as my employers Short Term Disability plan woud not cover my absence from work as they said my surgery was 'Elective'. They just don't understand  :-/.

Having a 'desk' job, you'll be fine going back on the Monday like FB did. Yes, you should be able to drive yourself to work.

The compression garment that I bought is more of a wrap/belt, than a vest. Yes, it does show through clothing as it is a tad bulky. People would know that you are wearing it. If you are concerened about this, you probably would be more comfortable with a vest. From what I have seen, a vest would be almost undetectable under a shirt.

I bought my compression belt for $49.99 + taxes, from a medical specialty shop close to the Brampton City Center at Queen St. and Dixie Rd. Would you like the exact addy?

John.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 06:03:29 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
i would like the address

Offline Grandpa Bambu

i would like the address

C.I.M.S.  Home & Health Care
18 Kensington Road
Bramalea, Ontario.

Ph:    905.794.1112
Fax:  905.794.0999

With taxes, the binder came to $57.49.  I highly recommend it to anyone recovering from a Gyne operation ;). The binders are available in varioius sizes and the one that I got was 46-62 inch x 9 inchs wide and is called 'Dale Abdominal Binder'.

BTW, I mentioned in a previous post that the store is close to Steeles Rd. and Dixie Rd. That is wrong. Sorry :-[.... The closest major intersection is Queen St. and Dixie Rd. Even closer than that would be Central Park Dr. and Queen St. Just east of Highway 410 on Queen St.

Check out the map below.... The red star shows where 18 Kensington Rd. is.... The building is on the north side of Kensington Rd. and C.I.M.S. Home Health Care is on the ground floor. It is a tiny shop on your RHS about 60 feet strait ahead as you walk in the main entrance of the building.

Hope this helps....  :)

John.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 06:42:07 PM by Bambu »

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
As from now on, I will be posting my story in the gynecomastia talk forum.  

I am seeing Dr. Fielding this afternoon and that's where my story is going to start off from.  

The title will be called, My Tale on Getting Rid of Gyne.

Cheers.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
Bambu, do they come in different sizes? what does 46-62 refer to? your chest circumference right?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 08:27:04 AM by toronto »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu, do they come in different sizes? what does 46-62 refer to? your chest circumference right?

46" to 62" in length.

46" relaxed  /  62" fully stretched.....

Yes, they are available in different sizes....

John.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005, 09:44:57 AM by Bambu »

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
whats the difference b/w a compression vest and a compression belt????  is there  anywhere you can buy a compression vest like the one on undergarments.com #990??

Offline monzo

• Bronze Member
or.... Bambu do you have a pic of it handy???

Offline Grandpa Bambu

or.... Bambu do you have a pic of it handy???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024