Author Topic: Do you shop across the aisle?  (Read 2399 times)

Brdy64

Off the cuff, do you shop across the aisle, and buy clothes in the women's department?

Brdy64

Off the cuff, do you shop across the aisle, and buy clothes in the women's department?
It's not across the aisle for me anymore, and 100% of my clothes come from the women's racks.

Before I was me, I finally switched over after spending many hours "making" my own clothes because nothing but sweatpants would fit my curves. 

Now from my bra to my shoes, and everything in between. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
80% or better from the women’s side.

Offline taxmapper

Well as per previous posts and updates, I am slowly moving over to the other side more and more. 
I don't wear flamboyant or obtusely feminine, a bit more conservative and restrained. But women's jeans now exclusively, and slowly building a women's polo shirts collection.

I've been wearing women's bike shorts and capris for more than 30 years now.  

just feel better overall. 

Brdy64

I only have 3 polo shirts from the men's rack, and I still wear them sometimes because of the pastel colors. 
Everything else is off the women's rack, but I have settled into a more "tomboyish" look for myself. I seem to rock it just fine and am well received. 

usetobeed

I find most women's clothing uncomfortable because I am much taller than the average woman.  The exception is a few short sleeve polo tops that are rather gender neutral that I bought in the ladies dept.  Ladies long sleeve shirts and pants are generally too short for me, unless I want to pay extra at a specialty store

However, I do shop ladies underwear and bras for daily wear.   Women's panties are more comfortable than men's briefs, and I like the support of a bra. 

Brdy64

I had the "dress code" discussion with a worker at the center yesterday.
She is quite aware of the fact that all my clothes are off the women's rack, and she reminded me that they have a "dress your gender" policy. As far as they are concerned that means I must dress as a "male" while attending.

I told her I can't find button up shirts, pants, shorts, or pretty much anything off the men's rack that will fit my curves. It's either way too big, or doesn't fit. 
Best I can do is what I have been doing. Looking for "tomboyish" attire from the women's aisle. 

And as far as I see it, my gender is female. It's the doctor that is in disagreement. Medically speaking I'm right in the middle anyways. I have have indoor and outdoor plumbing. 

aboywithgirls

When I started my job, I still was presenting and living as a man. However I was wearing 100% women's clothes and shoes. I was questioned once by HR about what I wore. I didn't keep anything a secret and it was quite obvious from the fact that my slacks had no pockets (so I carried a small purse). My button down Oxford blouse was tapered below my bust and my bra.and panty lines showed through. The only thing that was asked was that if I was transitioning, that was fine, they just wanted to know if I was being harassed  or if I needed any help. I denied it at the time. However, nobody was very surprised by Sophie sitting at my desk ☺️.

❤️Sophie❤️

Brdy64

Sophie, I wish the day center I attend was that understanding.
It seems the only one that harasses me is them. 😐

Brdy64

As far as I know we "still live in a free country". Therefore the ability to be and live as one "feels" "should" be freely accepted by all. 
It's not a requirement in our constitution to either position, or in between. 

The political arena, however, is quickly changing that. 

I attend a day center where I obtain medical attention I need Mon-Fri. They are owned and managed by a ultra-conservative christian organization. 
Two individuals there, one being myself, are required to "dress our gender" while attending. 
I have been reminded by them that they are a private company, and they "reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". 
Personally the doctor and I are in disagreement over what my gender actually is. But he works for them, so his opinion is what stands. 
This is precisely how our "freedoms" are being infringed upon, regardless of our constitutional rights. 

aboywithgirls

I also work for a catholic based medical system. I can say that the dress code that they had adopted prior to my employment can be a double edged sword. 

I guess that I was a bit fortunate that my primary care doctor is a member of this same system. I wore a bra full-time before she became my doctor and yes, my bra and gynecomastia was covered. I told her how wearing a bra improved my lifestyle and she agreed that a bra was a good option for dealing with ( at the time) were 38G/H breasts. 

A few years later, I was employed by the same medical system, in all places, the Breast Care Center. They didn't have much of a choice in the matter that a Dr, had stated in my records that my bra provided pain relief and helped manage my gynecomastia. As my medical record recommended, they couldn't prevent me from wearing a bra anymore than they could say that I couldn't wear a knee brace. 

Taking that same logic, I presented as male and I wore what was perceived as an article of clothing that was for women only, they could not deny any other clothing. I did not push the issue with wearing a skirt to the office as a man but, the dress code was changed and said something like "variances from the policy would be handled on a case by case basis. It was determined that a bra was a "reasonable accommodation " as stated by the Americans With Disabilities act.

❤️Sophie❤️

Brdy64

I also work for a catholic based medical system. I can say that the dress code that they had adopted prior to my employment can be a double edged sword.

I guess that I was a bit fortunate that my primary care doctor is a member of this same system. I wore a bra full-time before she became my doctor and yes, my bra and gynecomastia was covered. I told her how wearing a bra improved my lifestyle and she agreed that a bra was a good option for dealing with ( at the time) were 38G/H breasts.

A few years later, I was employed by the same medical system, in all places, the Breast Care Center. They didn't have much of a choice in the matter that a Dr, had stated in my records that my bra provided pain relief and helped manage my gynecomastia. As my medical record recommended, they couldn't prevent me from wearing a bra anymore than they could say that I couldn't wear a knee brace.

Taking that same logic, I presented as male and I wore what was perceived as an article of clothing that was for women only, they could not deny any other clothing. I did not push the issue with wearing a skirt to the office as a man but, the dress code was changed and said something like "variances from the policy would be handled on a case by case basis. It was determined that a bra was a "reasonable accommodation " as stated by the Americans With Disabilities act.

❤️Sophie❤️
They have accepted my bra use just fine. Support was prescribed from the in-house doctor. 

It's skirts, dresses, and very feminine attire that won't be tolerated under their "dress your gender" rule. 
I'm barely slipping by dressing " tomboyish", but I'm okay with it. 
I keep makeup to lip gloss

aboywithgirls

They have accepted my bra use just fine. Support was prescribed from the in-house doctor.

It's skirts, dresses, and very feminine attire that won't be tolerated under their "dress your gender" rule.
I'm barely slipping by dressing " tomboyish", but I'm okay with it.
I keep makeup to lip gloss
I can relate with you. I didn't rock the boat too much either. I dressed androgynously for several years too. I never wore a dress or skirt until I fully transitioned. However, unless they want to go down a rabbit whole a create a policy of what clothing that people can and cannot be worn and by whom, they don't have much to stand on. 

Brdy64

That's what I told the worker. There is no "written policy" about dressing your gender. And I have kept it mild as possible. 
Also as intersex, what really is "my gender"?

Brdy64

If I knew I could get away with it, I would wear a nice spaghetti strapped summer dress, do my makeup up, maybe matching shoes. 💖🙆‍♀️💖

But there is also a crossdresser that attends the center and they had him stop wearing "women's underwear" because people could see them when they would bend over. Management put a halt to it. 

They are pretty strict on enforcement of their "unwritten rule". 🙄

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024