Author Topic: Had surgery with Fielding  (Read 9634 times)

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
  • It's a no-brainer HAVE THE SURGERY!!!!!!
Hey what's up toronto?  Yes, local was my choice.  Dr. Fielding gave me the option of either general or local and I chose local because it was cheaper.  Yes, I did and still do have puffy nipples to some degree.  No, my areolas did not shrink.  Getting rid of puffy nipples is a completely different surgery in my opinion.  The fact that Dr. Fielding leaves behind some gland, i guess causes the nipples to remain the way they were.  But they definitely DO NOT protrude like they did prior to the surgery.  Maybe it is a psychological thing but they might not even be puffy but just slightly larger than most peoples.  I'm still working on the mental aspect of having had gynecomastia in the past.  I would say that by the 6 month you will have a pretty good idea of how successful your surgery had been.  By the 9 month mark all the swelling and scar tissue pretty much were non existent.  I'm still not sure if what I feel behind my nipples is scar tissue or the remaining gland but whatever it is, it is not evident to anyone else but me.  I'll find out when I see Dr. Fielding in the next couple of months exactly what it is.  I want to make sure that I have completely healed before seeing him again.  But like I said in my last post I am without a doubt satisfied and content with my results.  I have absolutely NO regrets or complaints.  Dr. Fielding did a GREAT job.

peace!!!!
Procedure:  Bilateral excision and liposuction
Date:  May 3, 2004
City:  Toronto
Surgeon:  Dr. Craig Fielding

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Like I said in my last post I am without a doubt satisfied and content with my results.  I have absolutely NO regrets or complaints.  Dr. Fielding did a GREAT job.

peace!!!!

Same here!!!  :D

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
wavecap, you said local was cheaper, i'm assuming you don't reside in Ontario? because OHIP covers it here...

and a lof of people on this board have had their puffy nipples resolved..i hope so..my gyne looked 10x worse when my nipples were puffy as opposed to being hard (like when i pinched them)

Offline wavecap

• Posting Member
  • It's a no-brainer HAVE THE SURGERY!!!!!!
Actually toronto I do live in Ontario.  Brampton to be exact.  And yes, you are right OHIP does cover the anaesthetic, my mistake.  To be honest I don't remember the exact reason why I chose the local anaesthetic rather than the general.  I guess the term "puffy" nipples is a relative term.  What one person perceives as being "puffy" the next person may see differently.  I don't think my nipples are "puffy" as compared to others I've seen on this board but they aren't as small as i've seen on other people.  Like I said before this could all be psychological.

LATER

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Actually toronto I do live in Ontario.  Brampton to be exact.

Howdy neighbour! Small world eh?

I'm at Steeles Ave. and Kennedy Rd.

John.

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005
Actually toronto I do live in Ontario.  Brampton to be exact.  And yes, you are right OHIP does cover the anaesthetic, my mistake.  To be honest I don't remember the exact reason why I chose the local anaesthetic rather than the general.  I guess the term "puffy" nipples is a relative term.  What one person perceives as being "puffy" the next person may see differently.  I don't think my nipples are "puffy" as compared to others I've seen on this board but they aren't as small as i've seen on other people.  Like I said before this could all be psychological.

LATER

you can admit it..u were scared to go under  ;D

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Oops, my mistake,  I arive in To at ten oclock, not eleven.

Offline dps

• Bronze Member
  • gyne free since july 2005 :D
Wow amazing read! I am going to make every effort to try and stay on this board and post 1 year post op. But just remember guys a lot of people just want to be done with the whole condition and move on and that's why they stop posting here. I know it sucks for us but I do understand their reasoning.

I'm all giddy with excitement now :D. 2 more weeks and I will be a freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ photos ] :: [ diary ]

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Does Fielding have an e-mail at his office to contact him and book an appointment?  
I'm from ottawa and looking into going to see Fielding after all the great stuff I've read about him on here and the fact that he's covered by OHIP for the most part and he has a student fee.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Does Fielding have an e-mail at his office to contact him and book an appointment?  

No Web or Email addys.  Sorry Dude.   :-/

You'll just have to call his office. Leslie is the lady you need to speak with to arrange a consultation with JCF.

John

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Got my consultation with Fielding for the 29th of August.  Any ideas how far ahead he books his surgeries?  Because I've been looking at my "schedule" for the next few months and with school and all I don't think I would be able to have the procedure done until my spring break week (towards the end of February).

Offline Blitz

• Gold Member
  • Thank you Fielding
Fielding usually books about a month to 2 months after consult.  It depends on luck as well.  I've read where guys call his office after to see if there's been any cancellations and suddenly, they've been bumped up.

When I spoke to Leslie (Dr. Fielding's receptionist), she said summertime was a busy time for Fielding.  I don't know why that is.  I would think most people would want to get this stuff done in the winter when they can heal up with thicker clothes on and conceal the bandaging.  I'm one to talk, my surgery is next week.  

Just keep calling.  If you're worried about school getting in the way, keep in mind that after a few days rest, you should be well enough to sit in a classroom and take notes and what not.    

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
My consultation is a week before classes start again so I don't think I'd be able to take time off in the middle of the semester because of all the work required.  I'm just wondering if he would book the procedure 6 months ahead of time, during my spring break when I would have time to go to Toronto and heal a little before classes start again.  Though I'd like to have my procedure done tomorrow, I obviously can't, and I can wait a few more months before doing it, I've been living with it for almost 10 year now.

I have yet to have a cosultation with any PS, but I've got 3 booked (Dr. Labow July 26, Dr. Silverman August 26 and Dr. Fielding August 29) and am leaning towards Fielding after all te great stuff I've read about him on here and he also has a student fee!  I haven't heard anything about Dr. Labow and Silverman seems to be good but expensive and not covered by OHIP...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024