Author Topic: Anyone have a wife/GF who does not support surgery?  (Read 5251 times)

Offline art

• Posting Member
Moral of the story, if your sig other isn't willing to be supportive of your feelings on this issue, it may be time to re-evaluate the relationship!

Thats not true in every situation. My wife wouldnt support surgery and has told me point blank. Thats because she doesnt think its worth ANY risk, and is happy with the husband she has.

and, i happen to agree with her.

You sound like you're ok with living with gyne.  From my perspective, I couldn't live with it any longer.  It was affecting my confidence, self esteem, and mental state so much that I felt like I needed to get the surgery.  In a situation like I found myself in, I needed the support of my sig other, but it wasn't there.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
I have a consultation in a little over 10 days. The doctor is very well known in the area, top rated even in a magazine. Hope the consult works, the money is doable, and I can schedule the surgery in March. Will be interesting to see what the doctor says. I am in my 40's, have lost some weight (but more needed) and have built up some nice muscle in my chest. I wish that the surgery might reveal the benefits in my pecs of the heavy weight lifting I have been doing.

My wife is reluctantly on board. I am fortunate my therapist (a woman) is 100% behind the surgery and kind of scolded my wife about her lack of full support in a couples session. However, I would have this surgery whether married or not, and it is something that is long overdue. As a testicular cancer survivor it is about time to fix this irritating side affect for good.

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Good stuff Greatlakes!  It's easy for a wife or girlfriend to say the love us for who we are, and that is truely a great thing, don't get me wrong!  But this isn't about her, or the relationship.  This is about us. And the way we feel about ourselves.  Gynecomastia can be devastating on a mans self image, and cause collateral damage in many other aspects of our lives.  If gyne truly bothers you that much, hopefully your wife will see that and become more supportive.  You know the saying "happy wife, happy life".  She may find the same thing holds true for a happy husband!  Good luck my friend, I hope your wife will come to support you as well as my wife supported my decision.
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024