Author Topic: completely clueless...  (Read 2519 times)

Offline ASP23

hello all,
i am a 23 y/o man living in ohio. i have lived with gynecomastia since i was about 12. i couldnt really even be forward with anyone that i had a problem with this until the last few months. however i am considering surgery to correct what my years of working out hard has not corrected. right now its pretty slight compared to what it used to be. my biggest problem is in the nipple area, my nipples are about the diameter of a half dollar. along with that i have some soft tissue surrounding the nipple which doesnt exactly make the contour of my pec look as masculine as i want. anyways i was just curious as to what questions i should ask the surgeons im looking at for this surgery when i go in for consultations. any help and advice would be really great. also, if anyone has seen any of the doctors in Cincinnati and has any feedback (good or bad) i would really like to know. thanks again

ASP23

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Well go in and ask them about their experiences with gynecomastia surgery (removal of a mammary gland in male breast tissue).  You definitely want to ask how many times he's done the operation and you should like at before and after photos of past patients.

He'll probably tell you the procedure and be able to answer any questions you have about that.  The big thing you want to look for is experience / outcome of past procedures.  You should also see if you can get it done through the armpit instead of your areola so you can avoid scars on your nipples.

If you wouldn't mind posting some pics with your face cropped out, it'd help us on the boards to visually get a better idea of what sort of case you're dealing with.  Keep in mind, though, that no one here can tell you exactly what you need done by merely looking at your pics.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 05:28:33 PM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Don't get the cart before the horse.

You should first make sure your hormones are not out of whack.  Sometimes Gynecomastia is a symptom of a more serious problem.  The best Doctor for this purpose is an Endocrinologist.  
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024