Author Topic: What exactly does the vest do for you?  (Read 2522 times)

Offline BIG BOOBIES

• Posting Member
After wearing it for say a week or so, why must you wear it any longer?

GynO_DuDe

When they operate with lipo/excision, they inject a liquid that kind of starts melting up the glands and seperates the skin from the muscle etc (having a ruff guess from memory of what my surgeon said). SO, obviously once they remove the gyne, you need something to compress your skin back to the muscle/tissue/nerves etc ... so all it's doing is, helping you heal the best way possible. If you cut your finger and had skin hanging off, you wouldn't rip it off? you'd push it back in place and put a band aid on it so it'd heal faster ... same type of thing here to be honest, your just pushing the skin so it all heals properly.

The first week is the most important week of healing (even though we had some members on here say they went and played football the next day after surgery haha) ... but each to their own. After your op, you want to take it easy for a week or more, and if your sitting on your arse doing nothing much, then surely having a compression vest on is no harm?

Offline sla

• Posting Member
Hey I've got a little problem...

My compression vest is tough but not so tough like the bandange I've got directly after surgeon.

So my question is, if I wear the vest, will the product be not so good like if i had worn the tougher bandage?

Now I'm wearing the bandage again.

The first weeks are the importants, so can I change in 2 weeks?
Or would you advise me to wear the bandage the hole time?

How tough should a compression vest be?

Thanks for answers

GynO_DuDe

Im not a doctor, but what I did was wrap a bandage around my chest really tight & then wear the compression vest on top. (I only put the bandage around because I had a rash/allergy from the surgical glue on the bandages) but I also believe it helped the healing of my chest due to the tight compression. Anything to push the skin against your muscle/tissue/nerves is a bonus in my eyes.

Offline sla

• Posting Member
But if the bandage is too tight, I had that shit, your bloodflow gets disturbed.

I got then yellow veins !  :o

Offline Ushta

• Posting Member
I think someone told me it helps with the swelling, but I'd like to know what happens if you don't wear it for the recommended time.

Offline sla

• Posting Member
The First weeks are the most importants, because the tissue has to stick on your chest.
I heard that you even can get air holes if you don't wear the vest :o
And like you already said, it prevents swellings!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024